the day we met

briar pov
i followed amy, the choreographer and producer of the next step, into the studio to find all of the other dancers rehearsing. i'm so excited to start my first day on set! amy turned towards everyone and began talking, "guys! this is briar and she'll be playing richelle. get talking, make friends, work hard but most importantly have fun! myles can i talk to you for a second?" a brown haired boy, slightly taller than myself, walked towards us. myles, i assumed. "can you teach briar the routine you learned yesterday? she couldn't make it," she asked him while looking at the clipboard she was holding. "of course, let's go?" we locked eyes and i felt a smile spread across my face as i nodded. i followed him to the centre of the room and watched as he got into position. "so i'll do it and you can try it after watching it once. let's see how good you are at sight learning," he smirked then laughed at his challenge. "let's go it," i replied sassily, placing my hands on my hips. i focused on every single move as he danced, trying my best to memorise it.
"easy," i smirked once he finished. after getting into position, i began dancing and i remembered it pretty well. i forgot a few moves but i just added in my own during that section. he clapped when i finished, "okay, you win." "precisely."

myles pov
briar and i have been hanging out all day. we've become so close we're practically best friends but i knew we would be from the moment we met, we just clicked. i walked back over to her after begging my mom to take me to briar's studio that night for an open class. "she said yes," i smiled at her, my excitement showing clearly through my tone. "yayy!" she jumped into my arms and hugged me. i hugged her back and held on for a few moments. she picked up her bag and put it over her shoulder, "i'll see you tonight?" "of course," i nodded before we hugged again and said our goodbyes. i went with my mom back to her car and told her all about my day as she drove home.

i hurriedly made my way into the main studio of canadian dance company and looked around for briar. i saw her stretching with a few girls so i made my way over, "hey b." she turned her head towards me and smiled, "m! you made it!" "of course," i set my water to the side and joined her stretching. she introduced me to the girls she was with and a few of the guys. they all seemed really nice.
after learning the routine, everyone took turns performing it for the rest of the class. "woo, go b!" i clapped as allain, the studio head, called her name for her turn. i watched closely as she danced, enjoying every move, seeing how connected and focused she was on this dance. her technique was on point, her musicality was flawless. she's a phenomenal dancer and she knows it. briar received the loudest cheer after she performed and she really deserved it. after briar it was my turn. i really feel like it was my best performance, ever! i added some of my favourite moves just to make it more personal and to try to stand out a little more and it seemed to work. everyone loved it.

briar pov
i'm so happy myles made it to the class tonight, he was amazing! i think i'm going to try to convince him to join cdc, he's so talented and would be a great asset to our team. i wrapped my arms around his neck, hugging him before we left. hugging goodbye seems to be our thing. he placed a kiss on the top of my head, making me smile. we walked together outside and towards the car park. "bye mylo," i smiled and waved at him before getting into my mom's car. "today has been.." i smiled widely, taking a deep breath and laying my head back against the seat, "amazing."

✧༝┉┉┉┉┉┉┉˚*❋ ❋ ❋*˚┉┉┉┉┉┉┉༝✧

who is he part 2 tomorrow!!