divorce

briar pov
"myles baby, i have great news!" i said excitedly as i hurried into my husband's home office. "not right now, i'm busy," he mumbled, not taking his eyes from the computer he sat in front of. i sighed before wrapping my arms around him from behind, "come on m, it'll only take a second. it'll be worth it i promise." he shrugged my arms off of him then continued to type. "why are you always like this now? you never have time for me or anyone else except yourself and your work!" i snapped at him, storming towards the door. "you know it's not like that. i love you, i really do. i just need to catch up on some work." "you've been saying that for two months now, don't lie to me. did i do something wrong? do you not love me anymore?" i said as i turned myself back towards him. he lifted his eyes and locked them with mine for a few seconds before he replied, "i don't know anymore." i felt my heart break inside my chest. "you don't know? either you love me or you don't myles!" i yelled, tears filling my eyes. "maybe our marriage isn't working. i think we rushed things, maybe we should go back to how we were before?" he suggested with a frown, acting as though he felt bad. i wiped my eyes, trying not to let him get to me, "you want us to go back to going out, partying, getting drunk then coming home just to fuck every single night?! no! i wanted to spend the rest of my life with you myles.. but not like this." "so what? you want us to get divorced?! cause maybe that's not such a bad idea!" he stood up from his chair, yelling back at me. i jumped, startled by his reaction. i didn't think my heart could break any more than it already had, but when he said the word divorce, it shattered. "maybe we should," i said softly as i shakily slid off my wedding ring and set it down on his desk. "get out," he looked at me and when he didn't get a reaction he yelled louder, "i said get out!" i turned and left the room, slamming the door closed behind me. i felt tears gushing down my face as i ran upstairs and into our- his bedroom. i grabbed a suitcase and opened my closet then began throwing all of my clothes into it as quickly as i could. i didn't want to be in the same building as him any longer. i zipped it up then went back downstairs. "my dad can come get the rest of my things another time!" i yelled to him before i left the house. "briar wait!" i heard him say as i left. i completely ignored him and put my suitcase into the back of my car. i felt the anger build up inside of me as i slammed the car door after getting in. when did he become such a jerk?! i started the car and began driving. i didn't know where i was going but it sure wasn't anywhere that myles was. all i wanted to do was tell him something which i thought was great news. but i guess this is for the better. if he got mad at me for just that, what would he have done if he heard the news?
i parked my car in an empty car park after driving for around an hour. i lay my head back against the headrest and let out a sigh. i closed my eyes as i placed my hand gently on my stomach then whispered, "it's okay, we don't need him."