divorce p2

briar pov
it's been five months since the whole situation with myles which also means i'm five months pregnant. boy has it been tough but there's no better feeling than this. in only four months time i'll have a baby and i couldn't be more excited.
after the divorce was finalised, i turned to one of my close friends, john, for support. we actually met through myles, they worked together on the remake movie of west side story. but like he did with me, myles blocked him out of his life so they grew apart. we started dating two months ago and it's been amazing. i'm the happiest i've been in a while.

john took my hand in his as we walked into the mall, planning on buying more baby items. there was still a little more time left but we had already began setting up a bedroom for our baby. yes, our baby. john is a great boyfriend and i'm positive that he'll be an even better dad. "babe look at those little shoes!" i said happily as i walked into a baby clothes store.
after two hours straight of baby shopping, i started feeling a little hungry. "john can we go get some food? the baby really needs it so be a good dad and get us food," i giggled, smiling up at him. "of course," he placed a kiss on my forehead before leading me to the food court.

myles pov
i'm a mess. losing briar was the worst thing to ever happen to me. it's true that i was focusing more on my work than her but i just wanted to make her proud. and the whole thing about not loving her? bullshit. i'm head over heels in love with her and i always have been. i was stressed from all of the work and i said it accidentally. since she left, i've been spending most of my time sleeping, eating, crying and working out. not only did i lose briar that day, i lost everything. my job, my happiest, myself. i had been trying to do things to take my mind off of her instead of working which then led to me being fired. my life was completely turned upside down and it's all my fault.

i headed towards the food court at the mall for my daily lunchtime meal. i ordered my food then sat down at a table alone. as i was eating, i looked around, watching all of the people walk by. it may not sound like it, but it's really entertaining.
right as i was about to get up to leave, i saw a couple walk in. i smiled softly to myself as i noticed the girl's baby bump. i was happy for them. hopefully one day i'll find someone to start a family with. i thought that would happen with briar but i guess not. the girl turned to look around and that's when i saw her face. i froze. it was briar. and.. john? my heart sank. briar's pregnant..?
i rose from my seat then slowly made my way towards them. i don't know what i was doing. it was like my body had taken control of itself and i had no choice but to go along with it. i tapped her shoulder lightly then waited for a reaction. she turned towards me and we locked eyes. then i watched as her bright smile faded to a completely blank expression. "h-hi," was all that i managed to get out. "hi myles," she replied softly, staring back at me. "so you're uh.." i hesitated, looking at her stomach then back to her eyes. a gentle smile came across her face as she nodded and spoke up proudly, "yeah i'm pregnant, five months actually." silence fell upon us for a moment before i decided to end it. "well it was great seeing you. i should go. bye," i mumbled quickly before walking away.

it's been an hour since i saw briar and i can't stop thinking about her. and her baby. my wi- ex wife is having a baby with another man. who use to be my best friend. my head was filled with millions of different questions. that's when it hit me. she's five months pregnant. we got divorced five months ago. is the baby mine..? unless she cheated on me, it definitely is. i quickly grabbed my phone from my pocket and dialled her number. once she answered, i didn't even give her a chance to say hello. "briar? you're pregnant, yeah? is it mine?" i asked quickly, eager for a response. she stayed quiet for a moment then let out a sigh, "yes myles is it. remember the good news i had to tell you the day i left? that was it. but don't even think about there being any chance of you being in it's life. you lost that right the second you told me to leave our house. john is going to be my baby's dad, not you. the baby won't even know who you are and i don't want you interfering with my new family, okay? i need you to respect my wishes and leave us all alone, do i make myself clear?"