who is he? p2

briar pov
i've tried everything. asking my friends, instagram, google, everything! this guy either doesn't have social media or just doesn't exist. the only think i haven't tried is asking my parents and i know that would be the easiest way but i am NOT talking to them anytime soon. maybe i could ask someone else to ask them? i grabbed my phone and opened up my text messages with my friend cierra. i quickly typed 'cie! can you go to my parents' house and ask them who the guy in the picture i sent you is? i'm still not talking to them xo' into my phone then sent it. i smiled in excitement as she replied with a simple of course. maybe this could be it.. maybe i'll find him!

cierra said she would go see them when she finished at the gym so i decided to go shopping while i waited. because i didn't want to see my mom and dad, i was staying with aunt and uncle in burlington which is an hour away from my house in toronto. i got into my car and made my way to the closest mall. i grabbed my bag after parking and headed inside.

two hours of nonstop shopping passed and i just then decided to get some food. as i was walking towards the food court, i received a text from cierra. 'his dad is an old friend of your dad's. that's all they would tell me, sorry b! ." i sighed in annoyance when suddenly i accidentally bumped into someone. "i'm so sorry!" i said quickly, gaining back my balance. "don't worry about it. you got a lot of bags there, need any help carrying them to your car or something?" the guy i bumped into said softly while laughing. "no i'll be okay, than-" i cut myself off as i locked eyes with the stranger. i was in shock. "myles..?" i said slowly, not believing my eyes. "oh we've met? sorry i don't remember, what's your name?" he asked with a smiled. i tried to gather the words to say but i only managed to blurt out, "kinda. no! well.. kind of. so yeah. wait no!" he gave me a confused look then i sighed, "it's complicated. i'm sorry." "maybe you could explain over coffee?" he gave me the cutest smile and i nodded happily in agreement. he took half of my bags then we walked to starbucks together. we got our drinks then sat at a small table in the corner of the room. "so how did we kind of meet?" he laughed, taking a sip of his coffee. i sighed, embarrassed of the story i was about to tell. "basically, my parents used your name and picture to catfish me on instagram to make sure i wasn't 'keeping anything from them'. messed up, i know," i rolled my eyes while saying the last part. he looked at me, quite shocked, yet still giving me a sympathetic frown, "i'm sorry that happened to you."

we talked for hours. and this time, it was in person so i knew he was real. he's so sweet and caring. and he is everything my parents described him as and more! he dances, acts, sings, produces, everything! he's so cu- what am i doing? no. i will not let myself fall for myles erlick again. i'm not ready for another fake heartbreak.

myles pov
briar's story was.. crazy. i can't believe her parents would do something like that. she told me about everything in so much depth and she got really angry which was adorable. i asked her to meet up again soon which she agreed to. hopefully she doesn't have a boyfriend, because i know that it's still pretty soon, but i kinda like her. she seems like the most amazing person ever. i'm so glad i met her. i guess it was meant for us to meet. she told me she had been looking for me for days then what are the chances that we meet at the mall? maybe this could be our crazy love story. or maybe not but i can't help but to think it, being a hopeless romantic and all that.

i got up from the couch and opened the door after hearing the doorbell. "babyy," i smiled, seeing briar standing there. "hey m," she smiled back and kissed my cheek before coming inside. yes, we're dating now. it's been three months since we met and we've been together now for two months. she's the best girlfriend anyone could ask for. cheesy yeah but i don't care, she makes me like this. i returned to my spot on the couch before she sat down on my lap. i wrapped my arms around her waist as she began talking about that topic as if she could read my mind, "you know mylo, when my parents first did that thing to me, i hated them. so so much. but now they're my favourite people ever. after you of course, because if it wasn't for them i wouldn't have you." "yeah they're pretty great."

✧༝┉┉┉┉┉┉┉˚*❋ ❋ ❋*˚┉┉┉┉┉┉┉༝✧

sorry for the shit ending, i had no idea what to do 😂💛