Chapter 20

Repair

Todomatsu POV:

It was her.

It was (Y/n) all this time, and I didn't even realize it.

Karamatsu and Osomatsu ran out after her, trying to follow her. I just stood there staring at the door in complete shock.

"Was it something I had said?" Mom asks, looking a bit concerned. Choromatsu stood up and led her into the kitchen, like he was going to tell her something.

Ichimatsu and Jyushimatsu were the ones that stayed behind with me. Jyushimatsu crawled around the table and sat next to me, he puts his hoodie sleeve on my shoulder.

"She didn't want you to know it was her." He said as he looked out the door.

My mind was racing with thoughts and questions. Why didn't she say anything? Why did she lie to me this whole time?

Ichimatsu let's out a sigh and pulls his knees to his chest. "(Y/n) was hoping to never run into you when she moved back. But when she did you completely forgot about her. So to (Y/n) it was like a do over."

A do over?

I kept thinking about the time we spent together, then it clicked.

Everything made sense. The way she acted when she first saw me, to her response when I asked her out. She knew who I was, the guy that turned her down in the most horrible way.

"The Guy doesn't remember who I am, but he treats me differently than before. So it's like a do over for me."

"I believe your friend wouldn't want you doing this to yourself if she knew now what you are trying to do."

(Y/n)'s words start running through my head as I remember the times we spent together. It was her the whole time, and I never even realized it was her.

The girl that I love is the one that I rejected and hurt years ago...

Your POV:

I felt the bottom of my feet hit the pavement as I kept running as far away from the Matsuno residence as I could. I didn't even know where I was running off too.

Karamatsu and Osomatsu's voices were heard as they kept yelling for me. I didn't want to face them like this, not now, or ever.

As soon as I made it into town I quickly ran into an alley that I was familiar with, bodging the brothers as I started to run straight home.

My breathing started to calm down as I slowed down my pace, knowing I got away from the boys. From here I started to make my way home.

——————————————————————

I fiddled with the keys in my hand as I unlocked the front door and pushed it open. Once I made it inside I closed the door behind me and let out a long sigh.

Large stomping was heard and I turned my head to see a large black lab making its way toward me.

I brace myself as it jumped up on me and started licking my face. It then dawned on me that I've seen this dog before.

"Grizzly?!" Grizzly pants happily as he lets out a loud bark and jumps off me. Sarah came into the room holding a grey cat, noticing it was Pebbles.

"Surprise! Your parents shipped them over here because apparently they are going to visit us next week. They didn't want to leave these two behind." Sarah smiles as she puts Pebbles down on the carpet, where she walked up to me and brushed her tail against my leg.