28

NANA
28: harvey's ride.
(ryu nana's dress ^)

the day finally came, it was faster than i actually expected. i remember how back then i used to think: prom? eh not so special. but now lee jeno is my prom date, there is a special and precious night waiting for me. i have a feeling that something magical would happen this night, i just have a feeling. but, i mean even though i spend time with jeno whilst it's not prom... it's still magical for me.

"you're dress is so pretty, i'm jealous." maeri said and scooted closer to me.

technically i prepared in mirae's house, did my make up, took on my dress, shoes and styled my hair. we were now sitting on the couch, waiting for harvey or maybe even jeno to arrive and pick us up.

maeri frowned and gave me a dreamy stare. "you're so beautiful nana, inside and outside. i see why jeno likes you." she uttered and smiled. my heart paused. "what? j-jeno-" then she cut me off. "no! not on that way! remember romance is forbidden in DNYL. i meant that i can see why jeno asked you for prom." mirae teasingly nudge my tanned arm, making me chuckle. "ahh, well yeah." i blushed.

"well you're also amazingly pretty mirae. i can also see why harvey likes you." i smirked making her roll her eyes. "i know you like harvey, it's fine mirae... to break the rules." my words made her eyes dilate and her body freeze. "... i admit it." she said.

"it's hard you know? harvey doesn't obviously like me and i'm here being a complete idiot, crushing over him whilst even breaking a rule in the club. it's terribly gone wrong. i just have to keep all of it inside me, it's painful but yet it's for the best...." she looked up at me, pain filling her eyes. "right?"

i smiled weakly and wrapped my arm around her shoulder, pulling her close and let her place her head on my shoulder as mine placed on top of hers. "it's okay mirae, it's hard but at least you're not the only one~" i spoke lowly.

she immediately pulled herself away from me, eyeing me with intense attentive eyes. "y-you... you also?" she didn't even had to finish, i just nodded.

"you like harvey too?!" she yelled a bit shocked but mostly slightly infuriated, stood up and looked down at me with creased eyebrows. "holy shit this is more messed up-"

my eyes dilated as i instantly shook my head and hands. "no! mirae no! not harvey i meant jeno!" my voice increased. "oh.." mirae gulped and sat down. "wooo sorry i was a bit ahaha." she sheepishly chuckled and i chortled.

"don't worry mirae, i won't steal him away from you." i winked as we started laughing. "wait, i just knew you liked jeno from the start." mirae crossed her arms and smirked. "was it too obvious?" i asked nervously as she pinched my cheeks with her index finger and thumb. "just a bit~"

ding dong, ding dong.

we both glanced over at the door, then at each other. we frantically ran our way to the door, but before we did, i stepped back and looked at myself on the mirror that was hanging on the wall.

my make up was simply beautiful, not my everyday make up but it was still simple. concealer which covered my imperfections. lips were tinted dark red, almost like nude. my eyes were shaded with light brown eyeshadow, as my eyelashes were curled up perfectly. my short hair that reached my shoulder was straightened, it was a so silky and smooth, shiny and dark. last but not least my dress. my red blood dress never stopped impressing me. it was unbelievably very silky, soft. the sheet was very smooth and it reached my knee. my mother wore this back then in a party where she met dad. so she assured me this would make my prom date jeno stun and speechless in a good way.

"let's go nana!" mirae grabbed my wrist and dragged me. she opened the door and harvey stood suited with tuxedo on, carrying a corsage. his eyes widened as it met mirae's.

while i let them admire each other, i tip-toed to check if jeno has arrived, but no sign of him. i guess it's busy back there, but it's fine, he's still gonna see me and he's still gonna be my prom date, and i'm still gonna spend my whole night with him. doesn't it sound so exciting?

"wow you look amazing mirae." harvey complimented as mirae shyly tucked a piece of hair under her ear, smiling while giggling. "oh, thank you harvey... you too." she blushed as i awkwardly stood. "thank you." harvey said. "you look great too nana, jeno is excited to see you. so shall we roll in my car now?"

"yeah, let's go!" mirae said and grabbed harvey's hand. "have fun baby!" mirae's mother waved as she frantically waved back. i smiled at her and bowed. "have a nice evening missus jeong~" i politely smiled. "oh you too nana~"

after that i turned around and carefully jogged my way inside harvey's car, haven't mention he knows how to drive. i sat at the back as mirae sat on the passenger seat, harvey turning on the engine as mirae waved bye at her mom.

"have a great time sweety! just have fun!"

"i will mom!" she said and smiled happily. i grabbed the seat belt and buckled it, to keep me safe.

"hey, so yeah as you can see jeno can't come. he's quite busy blowing balloons." harvey chuckled and i smiled.

"i hope he stops breathing." someone spoke behind me, i winced and saw renjun. "shit i didn't see you there!" i said as he unbuckled his belt and sat beside me.

note: hey guys. so do you guys play some games on phone? request me some cuz i'm so bored and i have no life.