Chapter 1 "My name is Zipporah ma,am "

A week later...

"This is the place, miss," said the coachman as he stopped the carriage and stepped out to the passenger's window. He peered forward only to see the silhouette of a young woman reading "Uhh miss ?".

Immediately the silhouette of the woman shot up and crept to open the deep green curtain she had dark caramel skin through her African Heritage with a thin physique with long thick black hair.

She studied the building is was made of whitewashed bricks and marble stairs and there at the top laid a handsome clock tower she looked back at the photo and then the building

"Yes this is the place " the woman responded she stepped out of the carriage and gave her pay of 12 shillings to the coachman as she was putting her pouch away the coachman asked her

"What brings you here to London" he asked as he studied her face "You don't seem to be from here"

"What makes you say that," asked the woman. The coachman couldn't answer but kept his head down the woman scoffed lightly and responded

"My name is Zipporah, and evidently I come from Africa, so you are right to say that I am not from here I have come here to start a new life despite my past I consider it a fresh start."

Zipporah picked up her suitcase and trunk and nodded the coachman goodbye he too nodded and vanished with his carriage among the bustling street of London.

Zipporah turned around and took her steps to the marble stairs to the brown shiny main black door.

She pressed the bell gently at first being hesitant she stepped back as she heard the door click as the door opened there stood a tall thin pale woman who stood at the mouth of the door.

She looked at Zipporah with disgusted looks as she studied her head to toe and asked harshly "Yes what do you want"

" Oh how my name is Zipporah and I am here for the nurse placement"
The woman still studying here let her in.

As Zipporah entered she saw candles little and there lay pictures of past workers and of great nurses such as Florence Nightingale Zipporah felt honored to see Florence's picture but she was confused on why there was not a picture of Mary Seacole for example.

Great brown doors opened between her to reveal a line of girls chatting wildly as they were waiting for their orders from the Head Nurse. Zipporah approached them slowly suddenly the laughing turned to whisper and chatting to pointing the girls seemed to gossip and laugh at Zipporah at her skin and her hair.

Zipporah ignored them as she was used to racial comments being made about her she took her place standing at the end of the line and a young girl approached her smiling and she hugged Zipporah warmly

"Welcome my name is Anna" Zipporah was shocked to see the woman hugging her but she patted her back gently "Thank you my name is Zipporah," Zipporah said as Anne let go of her.

They smiled at each other until their glance of friendship broke when the Head Nurse came inside she was the same Nurse who met Zipporah at the door "Attention ladies thank you and welcome.to the Silverwake hospital here you are in temporary placement until you will be fully qualified to serve at great halls and manors of the country"

The girls clapped at the Nurses welcome as she proceeds to notify to rules and regulations " You are not to: be late, nor you shall speak to patients unless spoken to as they are of a higher class or that you all, be loud and boisterous. You are to be respectful, caring, punctual and present your decorum is that understood"

"Yes ma, am" cried the girls The Head Nurse looked out to find the girl she found at the door finally she said

"You dismissed except for that one" she pointed at Zipporah out of all of them she girls giggled (except Anne she, in fact, hid behind the wall of the room as the girls were leaving) Zipporah approached the Head Nurse

"What is your name ?" asked the woman "My name is Zipporah ma, am" "It is Miss Wellington to you I am no ma, am of yours" (Harsh- thought Zipporah) "All these rules apply to especially you, I will keep my eye on your is that clear! shouted Miss Wellington

"Yes Miss Wellington" "Get out of my sight." Miss Wellington commanded.

Zipporah turned around and left the room only to find Anne waiting for her

"What were you doing here" smiled Zipporah as she saw Anne place her ears on the glass shelves placed on the wall

"I just wanted to check on you" she replied "Don't worry this isn't the 1st time someone has spoken to me this way I'm used to it" Zipporah said as she had a weak smile.

"Come let's find our dorms you will sleep with me at my dorms if you want " offered Anne "Thank you I'll follow you" replied Zipporah.

On their way to there dorms a door was opened Zipporah not even thinking peered in to find a patient alone, he dropped his book and felt the pain to pick it up.

Zipporah entered the room bent down and picked up the man's book she and gave it to him "Here you are Sir" Zipporah reached out her hand with the book and offered it to the stranger "Thank you" he said his brown eyes not leaving her dark ones.

"I should probably be going people would question my whereabouts she bowed her head lightly and turned to leave the room. The stranger wanted to say thank you but when he looked up from the book she had given to him she was gone.

And there she settled at her first day at Silverwake hospital with new friends and a new enemy and through her new companion would one day meet new beginnings and new fights all these steps she blindly took to soon finally meet the Great One.