Ch. Seven

Jodie's POV

"He did what?!" Becky shrieked down the phone, causing me to flinch.

"Shh, it honestly wasn't that bad, I swear." I whispered, keeping my voice down in case my mother heard. Becky was home alone as her dad and sister were in London for two days, so she has all the freedom.

However, I was locked in my room, while my brother was downstairs on his new phone and my mum cooking a meal that I will probably never get to taste.

"He never used to hit you, what the fuck happened? I had a little bit of respect for the guy for keeping his damn hands to himself, but what a dick!" She raised her voice, starting to scare me a little. When Becky gets mad, she gets really mad. It's not very often, but when it happens it scares the life out of me

"Please calm down, it doesn't even hurt anymore." I tried, but I could still hear her short, ragged breaths.

"What did your mother do?"

"S-she locked me up in my room. But I'm not complaining, Bex, 'cause I get to do what I want!" I stammered, hoping to calm her down.

"If I had just gotten there faste-"

"Bex, it wasn't your fault, it was his, I'll just avoid him from now on. And so will you!" I demanded, keeping my voice hushed.

"No. " She dead-panned. "He hurt you. You expect me to just let him bully you like that, and let him live?"

I was speechless. If I backed her up, I would sound like a bitch for urging her to hurt him, but if I didn't, I would sound like a bitch for calling her out when she's only trying to help.

I bid Becky good night, before hanging up, throwing my phone onto my mattress. I then stripped out of my worn out clothes, before sliding into frictional, itchy pyjamas.

Sliding under the cover, I decided to go on YouBlog and update my blog page.

Dear reader,

You'll never guess what happened today.

Yep, I got physically abused by my bully. Not just that, but he got away with it. Well, he got a detention and a call home, but he made me bleed.

But then again, we all get bullied here, I'm lucky I lasted so long with no physical abuse at school.

But, you know, it's scary. To know that no one wants you around them SO much that they want harm you in the most humiliating, hurtful of ways.

And what can we do about it?

Nothing. The teachers say it will end, but does it? Our parents might confort us, but does it work? Our friends will stand behind us, but can they catch us when we fall backwards?

The answer to all of that is no. Why? Because as much as adults may tell us that the reason behind bullying is jealousy, there will be a huge part of us that thinks it's hatred.

All I know is that, as cliche as it sounds, there must be rain before the rainbow,

                             Love you always, Jo