Ch. Ten

Jodie's POV

For the remainder of the day, I was on my own. Becky hadn't returned to school and no one has seen Oska either. His words were ringing in my mind, repeating themselves over and over again.

I was sure Becky wouldn't do anything... Different to the way she normally acts.

Oska seemed like a nice guy. He had a tattoo from what I remember, on his right arm. It was a red eye. Maybe a cat eye. He had no peircings. He wore nice clothes such as tight shirts with jeans, and didn't at all seem like the type of guy to mis-treat a girl.

But that smirk! It wizzed throughy my mind every hour, haunted the streets every minute, yet hung like a grey cloud above my head every second.

I tried my hardest not to think of the two, and instead distracted myself by drawing in the library after school. My family knows I come here a lot and don't bother to stop me because they don't care if I'm out of the house for days.

In fact, weeks. I know this because I've tested it. I ran away from home and a few weeks later returned to find out everyone was in holiday. When they came back they looked at me weird and carried on with their day.

They didn't care.

As of right now, I'm seated in the library, sketching out a baby in a rocking chair, attempting to get the cheeks just right.

Yet, however hard I try something goes wrong. Its either my fault, or the picture's fault and I know its mine so I ended up giving up. Scruching up the peice of paper, I threw it towards the bin and frowned in frustration when it bounced off the rim and landed on the floor.

I got up and picked it up, slamming it into the bin. She librarian and many other people turned around and huffed at me, so I smiled appologetically and sat back down. It took me a few minutes to spot something... Or someone.

Oska. I could see him. Standing. Laughing. With her. Pressed against a wall. He kissed her. She giggled and kissed him back. They kissed. A lot. I could see them.

But there's one problem...

She wasn't Becky.