Ch. Four

Jodie's POV:

After a very normal lesson in French, I make my way to my next lesson; English. This is by far my least favorite lesson, mainly because of whom I sit next to.

Adam Conorly. Quarterback of the football team, easily the most popular boy in school. With his lush golden locks and feverish brown eyes, any straight girl's knee's would buckle just at the sight of him. Any girl other than the most popular girl in school, of course.

Livvy Stanli, head cheerleader, the "Queen Bee". She's the typical popular girl, blonde straight hair that flows to the top of her butt, and the most shiney green eyes around. She wears all the typical popular girl clothes, too. Short, skimpy dresses, and designer handbags, which the actual Queen can probably hardly afford. But you can't be surprised, she is the daughter of Amanda Stanli, who just happens to be the head of Vante, the most succesful business in half the world.

They are both my enimies, but luckily I only have one lesson with each of them. Now, I hope you know this isn't the type of story where this helpless schoolgirl falls for the good looking jock, because I assure you, I will not fall for a jerk like Adam.

I enter the classroom just as the second bell rings, before making my way over to my seat at the front. Thankfully, Adam isn't here yet, probably having a fag with his mates. As much as I despised Adam, I can safely say that he is truly in love with Livvy, and has never been caught oggling other girls. He is an honest guy, but that doesn't make him any less annoying, and quite frankly, scary.

"Class," Mrs Fray grinned, clapping her hands together to get the attention of the students. Suddenly, the room was quiet. Everyone loved Mrs Fray, even the jocks. You just have to, she's sweet and kind to the girls, but to the boys... They only like her because she just happens to be in her twenties, young and gorgeous with brown hair in perfect curls and a big bust.

She walked around the room, her short dress flowing around and on top of everyone's tables. "I want you all to get out your notebooks, and write down five words which describe the person sat next to you. Don't worry, they won't see them." She smirked. I groaned to myself, just as Adam walked into the room, turning heads and silencing chatter.

As Mrs Fray descibed the same thing again for him, I took out my notebook and started thinking about the perfect words to describe Adam Conorly. Just as I was about to write down my first word, Adam slid into his chair, sending me a nasty look. I didn't deserve a medal to guess that he was not about to write sweet and kind words about me. And I bet he knew I wasn't about to do that either.

Cruel. Adam was certainly cruel, and writing that down made me feel amazing.

Despicable. Uh- huh.

Bossy. No doubt.

Unkind. Very, oh very.

Harsh. So true.

A gental smile was tugged on my lips, looking down at the words that fit Adam's persaonality perfectly. He was most certainly all those things and so much more, and writing them down made me feel light, like something is now off my chest.

I sneeked a peek at Adam, to find him frowning in confusion at his notebook. This is what drove me mad, he knew nothing about me, yet decided to make my life a misery for no reason. This confirmed that he is more of a jerk than he knows, than even I thought. He only bullied me because of the banter, he thought that it doesn't affect him. But I know that he will only grow to regret. Does he think that something like this is only small and doesn't matter? Because it does. It matters. He is ruining the life of a normal girl, whose life at home is already crumbled and broken.