Chapter 1

Amelia's POV

Up, up, forever going up. When was it going to end? I looked over and saw two other girls next to me, entrapped in this moving box. One was in a corner, curled up in a ball. The other was screaming. I didn't realize that out of habit, I was too. Maybe it was the machine that drowned out our screams.

"HELP!" The other girl screamed one last time before the box came to a sharp halt, throwing us all to the sides.

"Ouch!" We all yelled in unison.

Suddenly, I was swallowed by light. It took a second for my eyes to focus and see that we were surrounded.

"It's a girl!" Someone yelled.

"Not just one, three!" Another one exclaimed.

"Shuck this, what are they trying to pull?"

What are they talking about? And why are they all guys?

A blond one jumps in and grabs the other girl's hand to help her out. She pushes him and starts to run. He shakes his head.

"Someone get her?" He motions to the other boys.

While they catch her, he pokes the girl in the corner. She's unresponsive.

"Must have hit her head on the way up." The blond boy says. "Tommy, take her to the medjacks."

A lean, brown haired boy picks her up and carries her somewhere.

"As for you,"

"I can't remember anything. Where is this place!" I panic.

"Shh... Don't worry. Your fine." He holds out his hand and helps me up. "Do you remember your name?"

I shake my head.

"It will come back. It's the only thing they let us keep."

.

.

.

.

Hello Readers! This is a Maze Runner fanfiction so I do NOT own any characters except Skylar, Amelia, and Abby. I got the inspiration for this book from @countrycake and her story Wonderwall. It's great, you should check it out!

P.S Please bear with me if I call or reference something wrong, I swear I've read the books. Sometimes it's just hard to remember...

-Abbiesophiaa