Chapter 12

SKYLAR'S POV

"Wait! Minho!" I heave. "Please!"
These last few days have been rough. I'm about to get my own section, but I can barely keep up with Minho.

"Come on, slow poke! Just a couple more turns! You need to memorize this!" He yells.

I make my legs push harder. And then I hit a rock.

"Owww..." I say, clutching my ankle. I can tell it's not broken, but I can't walk very well. "Minho!"

He's already turned the corner. "MINHO!" I scream.

He dashes around the wall. "What? Is everything okay? Did you see a griever?"

I laugh. "No, but I tripped. I think I twisted my ankle. Can you help me?"

I stick my arms out and he hoists me up. "Piggy back or limping?"

I smile. "Hmmm. Piggy back."

He swings me around onto his back and speeds off towards the entrance to the Glade. "You are so lucky," he teases. "you won't have to run for the next 2 weeks."

"I know!" I smirk. "I'm not sure what I'll ever do without you!"

He bites my arm.

"Ouch! Now I have two injuries!"

"Don't joke about me! It would be a tragedy to not see my everyday!"

"Such a tragedy, my wittle Minho!" I say in a puppy dog voice.

We finally reach the entrance to the Glade. Minho gives me to the medjacks.

"Take good care of her, Amelia. I-we need her." He blushes as he leaves the room.

"Sure will." She winks. "Here Skylar, give me your ankle."

Amelia takes my ankle and wraps it in tape. She then props it up on a bag of ice. "Stay here the rest of the day, ill have someone bring you dinner and walk you to the homestead. You should be able to walk by tomorrow, but don't overuse it."

"Thanks Amelia, you really know how to fix someone. How's Newt?"

Her faces turns red. "He's good, we're good. I'm really happy."

I laugh. "Of course you are."

"Alby hasn't said much, to me anyways. Newt just looks at me sadly from a distance sometimes. I don't want to know why..."

"Hey," I put my hand on her shoulder. "It's okay. I'm sure everything is fine."

"Speaking of which, do you know what happened to Abby? She's a runner now apparently."

It hadn't occurred to me really, Ive been busy. Although I did see her entering the maze this morning with us. "Uh, no. I just noticed it now actually."

"Thomas says something happened with Gally, probably a silly fight, but he was serious."

"I guess it's another Glade mystery we'll never know!" We say in unison.

.
.

"Hola Trippy," Minho enters, with a bowl of soup in his hand. "How's your ankle?"

"A lot better," I take the soup. "Thanks."

"Running was boring without you, I'm not sure what I'm going to do when you get your own section."

"I'm sure you'll manage." I smirk.

"Are you don't with that soup yet?" He whines. "I'm tired! I want to sleep!"

"C'mon Minho! I just got it! You can sleep here if you want." I pat the empty side of my bed.

"Okay!" He runs and plops down next to me. "I shall sleep."

.

.

Hey you guys! I'm sorry if I say Zoe instead of Skylar sometimes... It's based off a friend and I think of her instead of Skylar. Wow 400+ reads! Thank you all! The picture attached is how we picture Skylar, but feel free to picture her however you want!

-Abbiesophiaa