Chapter 5

8/14/19

I'm really nervous. Today, I'm supposed to have lunch with Haz and his friend, I think her name was Brittaney, and I'm really nervous. I'm nervous that I'll mess something up, that she won't like me, or that I'll do something that makes Haz hate me, that is if he doesn't already. I feel like Haz is just being my friend out of pity, then again, isn't that what all my "friends" were anyway? Anyway, I'm just scared that Haz doesn't really like me because I just feel different around him. Like, I want us to be friends, and I don't know why. I don't know, I just hope this lunch goes well. I spent the night at Haz's last night, and I felt really calm and normal, or as normal as I can get, around him and I liked it. I was super scared when I woke up and he was practically spooning me, but thankfully, I don't think he noticed. - 9:34 am

~~~ (New time skip symbol)

"So, are you ever going to tell me what happened last night?" Brittaney asked.

Haz and Brittaney were driving to meet up with Tom at Mark's Veggie Grill since Brittaney refused to go anywhere else.

Haz didn't reply, he just turned up the song he was listening to.

"Panic! at the Disco isn't going to make me stop me from figuring it out!" Brittaney yelled over the music, "And if you're going to listen to something, at least listen to something that I'm actually in the mood for."

Haz shrugged and played Bloom by Troye Sivan.

"Are you boosting your gay energy for your date?" Brittaney asked.

"No matter how many times I say it, it won't change. It's not a date, and it's not if you're there," Haz rolled his eyes.

"Whatever you say, gay boy. If you don't tell me what happened last night, I'll get it out of Tom myself," Brittaney said.

"Alright fine, there's no need to scare the boy away," Haz sighed, "He came over to my house since both of our parents are going to be gone for a while, and it got late, so I asked him if he maybe wanted to spend the night. He said yes, so we watched The Nun and he got scared so I slowly held him close to me to try and calm him down. Eventually, he fell asleep while basically laying on top of me, so I just left him on me and fell asleep too."

There was a pause between both of the friends and Haz took in a breath. A few seconds later, Brittaney squealed and honked the horn of the car a lot, making Haz jump, probably, as well as everyone else around them.

"What the heck Britt!" Haz laughed.

"I can-I just," she screamed again, "that is just so adorable! He likes you, our society's not normal enough to make that an okay thing for straight men to do, so I think he likes you! If that makes any sense," Brittaney screamed.

"He doesn't like me, Britt."

"Yes he does," she replied smiling.

"Trust me, he doesn't."

"Yes. He. Does. I'll bet you twenty dollars that you two will get together at some point," Brittaney replied, smiling.

"Deal," Haz replied, shaking her hand, "now keep your eyes on the road or else we both won't ever be seeing him again."

~~~

Haz and Brittaney walked into the restaurant where Haz instantly spotted Tom and dragged Brittaney over to his table.

"Hey Haz! How are you?" Haz greeted Tom, who got out of his booth to let one of the two sit with him, which allowed Haz to give him a hug, which Tom awkwardly returned.

Haz got into the booth, followed by Tom, with Brittaney sitting in the booth opposite of theirs.

Once everyone was settled in and they ordered their drinks, Brittaney was the first to speak, "So you're the Tom I hear so much about," she said, sticking out her hand for Tom to shake.

"And you must be Brittaney, it's nice to finally meet you," Tom said, shaking her hand.

"So, how did you and Haz meet?" Brittaney asked.

"Ah, well, we kind of bumped into each other at school in the hallways, then he asked me if I wanted to go to a coffee shop with him, I got to know him very well there, and yeah, that's how," Tom smiled, remembering meeting Haz for the first time.

"And how much do you like Harry?"

Tom took a second trying to figure out who Harry was, then he realized that she called Haz 'Harry'.

"Oh, I-uh, um, like him a lot, he's a-a very good friend to me," Tom replied, looking down to hide his slightly growing blush.

"Uh-huh," Brittaney hummed, unsure about Tom's answer, "that's cool, and could you ever see yourself with h-"

"Oh look! Our drinks are here!" Haz exclaimed, cutting off Brittaney.

Brittaney huffed and accepted her drink.

"A Coke for the lady, a water for you sir, and a lemonade for you," the waiter said while handing them their drinks.

The trio continued to talk until they were all full and decided to leave. While they were walking outside, Brittaney noticed that Tom didn't have a car, that was when she started conjuring up a plan.

"Hey Haz, since it's Saturday and I don't have any plans, I know you don't, and I don't think Tom does, why don't we all spend the night at your house?" Brittaney asked innocently.

Not seeing the mischievous look in her eye, Haz thought it was a good idea and called Tom back over.

"Hey, Britt and I were talking, and we were wondering if you wanted to spend the night at my place again with Britt?" Haz asked, hoping Tom would accept his invitation.

"Um, sure, yeah. I'd love to!" Tom replied cheerily.

"Did you drive here or do you need a ride home?" Haz asked.

"I walked here, but I can walk back, it's okay," Tom replied, not wanting to be a burden.

"Oh no, it's perfectly fine, you can ride with me," Haz replied.

"No, it's quite alright, I wouldn't want to be a problem."

"Tom, I will literally carry you to my car if you don't come over here right now."

"I guess you'll just have to do that then," Tom replied, grinning.

"Alright then, you asked for it," Haz said, walking over to Tom, picking him up bridal style and carried him back to Brittany's car.

Once everyone got into her car, Haz handed his phone to Tom, telling him to pick the music for the ride back to Haz's home.

Tom went on Pandora and decided to play Taylor Swift's Calm Down. He'd listened to it plenty of times and loved the LGBTQ+ support in the song and music video. Eventually, all three of them were either singing or humming along to the song, all of them having a good time.

So, I know there wasn't a lot in this chapter, but I need it to happen for another future chapter.

Should I make more time skips per chapter, or leave it the way it is (1 chapter for 1 day in the story)? Please let me know!