Chapter 3

Haz laid on his bed, head hanging upside down near his best friend Brittaney who was sitting crisscrossed on the floor, leaning on Haz's bed.

"So, how was your date?" Brittaney asked with a sly smirk.

Harrison blushed, almost, a deep shade of red. "I-it wasn't a-a date, it was a just a friend-friendly hangout for me to get to know him better." Haz stated matter of factly.

"Uh-huh, sure it was," Brittaney replied sarcastically, knowing she was pestering Haz, "Well how did it go? Is he cool?"

Harrison flipped around on his bed, laying on his stomach with his legs rocking back and forth like a schoolgirl with an obvious crush. "Oh, he was just so-so...amazing. We talked about a ton of stuff, and get this, we have so much in common!" Haz replied squeeling.

Brittaney giggled at her friend's immaturity, "Who would've known?" She replied sarcastically. "Did you get his number?"

"Yeah, I did actually. Proud of me? Oh wait, I forgot to mention, he lives next door, to the right of here."

"What? How did you just find out about that?" Brittaney was, as Haz put it, shook.

"He told me he doesn't come out much," Haz shrugged.

"Ah, an introvert I see? I guess him and I already have a lot in common."

"Hey, back off my boy, I crushed on him first!"

"Oh, so you finally admit to having a crush on him?"

"His name is Tom." Haz kindly corrected.

"Oh, well excuse me for getting Tom's name wrong," Brittaney sarcastically replied, making the two laugh.

After a moment of silence, Haz noticed Brittaney was making a face that he knew all too well. She was making the face that she only did whenever she wanted to ask someone something.

"What is it you want to say, Britt?" Harrison kindly asked, assuming what she would probably be saying next.

"Well I was just wondering, do you think you'll ever come out to him?" Britt asked.

Haz thought about what she asked. Did he really trust Tom? They only just met, but he felt like he'd already known Tom for a long time. Maybe he could ask him what he thought about gay people or something along those lines.

"I'm honestly not sure. I feel like I can trust him, but I honestly don't know him that well yet. I was thinking, maybe I could ask him what he thought about gay people or just the lgbtq+ community in general."Harrison suggested.

"Yeah, you could. Why don't you text him now, make plans to do something or whatever it is you gay males do." Britt replied, waving off Haz.

"I don't even know if he's straight or not."

"I think the correct term is 'straightn't." Britt stated matter of factly, earning a flick to the back of her head, "I'm just saying," she pouted.

"But like I said, text him, you know I won't be able to see him so why don't you invite you, him, and I to lunch or something this Saturday?" Britt suggested.

"I guess I could, he does want to make more friends at school. I'll text him now."

"Ooo, finally I'm gonna see some gay action!"

"Britt..." Haz sighed, facepalming.

"You know you love me, now hush and text your boyfriend."

(Texts between Tom & Haz)