Kela's point of view

I walked in silence, only the sounds of our footsteps to be heard.

Liam appeared to be mad. His eyebrows were furrowed together, and his jaw was set in a hard line. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to talk to him. Or, maybe, he's just mad at himself for telling me about his life...

"So..." I tried to break the silence.

His steps quickened. He then growled when he stepped in a puddle, probably getting his socks wet. Ew.

"I'm sorry." I stopped. He stopped as well, but did not look at me.

"For what?" He asked softly, but his voice was still gruff.

"For bothering you. I know you wanted to be alone, and stuffs." I held my breath. He was probably going to snap back with sarcasm.

"Nah. It's ok..." Liam trailed off.

Wow. That's a bit different...

"Cuz I know you're an idiot." He grinned, seemingly pleased at his taunt.

"Oh. Well then." I clasped my hands together, continuing the brisk pace I had earlier. I was mad at him- or was trying to be mad. It was hard finding something to be mad about. It was difficult to walk fast, considering my sweatpants was soaked with rain water. I squeezed out the front hem of my shirt.

Surprisingly, we engaged in small talk, him with an occasional smile or chuckle. It really confused me-- he could be so mean, so rude one moment; innocent, child-like the next; and before you can take a breath- he's laughing and talking with you.

"So what made you start parkour?" He asked me, his voice light and crisp. Geeze, he can be so moody.

"U-um, well..." I wondered a bit, thinking back to about 7 months ago. Time passes by quick.

"I was researching different sports on the Internet. I happened to stumble across a website- dedicated to parkour- and it gave me a ton of information. It seemed interesting and fun, so the very next morning, I started training."

"Nerd." He tried to hold a laugh back, but ended up snorting instead. If anyone sounded like a nerd, it was him. Jerk.

"I'll take that as a compliment." That was the best I could think of.

"Do that," he nodded, "Because it is a compliment."

I looked away. My face felt hot. Whenever he talked to me, I always felt rushed or feverish. Clearly, I had no idea why. He was just a lump of... Parkour hotness. Maybe that's why. Liam always made me feel inferior whenever I was present.

This my second time walking back to Kyle's with him. The first time was not so pleasant, him almost giving me a heart-attack. No, that would be an understatement. He scared me to death, that stupid kid.

We continued in silence, but not awkward. It was the kind of silence I felt up in that tree-- it was tranquil. I think we both came to agreeing terms, somehow. Me, Kela Renee Fraetis, had made an appropriate acquaintance with Liam Dunaway. My thoughts lead me to believe we're friends, as of that strange incident up in the tree.

-

Finally, we reached Kyle's house. It was the third house on the left street. Hard to miss, really, considering it was painted almost a neon yellow. Not exactly my taste- but whatever.

Liam was the first to climb up the few steps that led to Kyle's front door. He rapped on the wooden door a few times, then waited for a response.

".....and where exactly have you two been?" Kyle stood in the door way, his arms crossed. He tried to look stern.

"I've been all over," Liam scoffed, kicking the mud off his shoes.

Then we went in.