Texts and Calls

The next week, no calls came to practice or hangout. To be honest, I was terribly annoyed and bored. Liam was texting me though, so that was nice. I was helping him with some of his homework over messages and a little bit of face-time, so I could show him the formulas or the graphs.

BZZT BZZT

New Message

From: Liam Dunaway
>Begin message<
Hey Kela. U free tomorrow? It's a Saturday and I wanna hangout with u. Cole, Jae, and Kyle r doing a group prjct together so no pk. um, lets go on a date. >End Message<

"Blahhhhhh." I looked at my reflection on my phone screen. Honestly, I really had no idea what Liam saw in me. Still plain faced. Not that attractive. Skinny as a stick.

Don't get me wrong. I liked him too. He just... confused me in the beginning. It was a case of mixed feelings, to be honest. Liam was that one blonde kid that didn't know when to shut up and didn't know his boundaries, and ended up hurting me a little on some occasions.

But then, he could be so nice and sweet and caring and the exact opposite of a total snob? Ever since last Saturday...

I touched a finger to my lips.

Dammit.

-

You: okay. wanna meet around lunch?

Liam is typing...

Liam: sure :D where do you wanna go?

You: anywhere

Liam: do you like sushi

You: YES

Liam: nice. theres a shopping center down by your house. i remember seeing a sushi place

You: awesome sauce. then, at 12?

Liam: yup. see you then. :)

Liam Dunaway has disconnected.

-

I sighed, plopping onto my bed. "What do you do on a date? I don't think we'll be doing parkour. Plus, he'll probably dress nicer than usual.... What should I wear?!" I jumped off my bed and flung open my closet. I wanted to be prepared.

"Nope, too nice... too flashy... oh my gosh, heck no... I thought I gave this away?" I browsed through my closet, only to be disappointed.

BEEP BEEP BEEP. BEEP BEEP BEEP.

"Hello?" I slid my phone open. "Hey Kela. It's Jae."

"OH MY GOSH JAE GOOD TIMING."

"Huh?" She sounded puzzled on the other end.

"Liam asked me out on a date and I don't know what to do..." I groaned, emphasizing that fact.

"Hold on, little cousin." She laughed. "I'm on my way right now."

"Thanks," I whimpered. Then we said good-bye.