The Night Before

Cole immediately sprung from the couch as Liam and I came in. "Where in tarnation have you guys been?!"

"In a tree." I pursed my lips. "it's getting cooooold."

Cole seemed very worried. Kyle stepped aside as we strolled in, leaving small puddles of water where we stepped. Kyle watched and became irritated with each drop that hit the tile floor. He was a very clean and precise person, that payed attention to every detail. So I can imagine how ticked off he was about that.

Jae looked up from her phone. "Aye, Kela. Bout time you turned up-- and why are you soaking wet??"

I grinned from ear to ear. "I was having fun with Liam, that's all."

Cole glared at Liam from the corner of his eye. He looked scary- Cole was usually a very sweet and loving guy.

Kyle came into the living room with two towels- he gave one to me, and tossed the other to Liam in the face.

"Thanks." Liam's voice was muffled by the towel.

"Have a sat." Cole sunk down onto the couch.

I listened, making sure the towel was on the couch before I sat on it. I prepared myself for an earful- you see, I'm homeschooled. Cole, Jae, Kyle, and Liam attend the public high school, so I'm usually free to train when they're doing school. Cole and Jae lecture me on a day to day basis about staying safe when they're not with me- and to be honest, it's getting irritating.

I waited for an indefinite amount of time.

Liam fiddled with his hands, probably just as nervous as I was.

Kyle was in the kitchen- I could hear him rummaging through the fridge. He probably did not want anything to do with this...

"After much thinking over this and talking amongst ourselves..." Cole finally spoke up.

I braced myself.

"'A Totally Real Parkour Group' welcomes Kela Fraetis into our team."

Jae smiled, finishing Cole's sentence.

"What?!???" Liam exclaimed, before I could even respond. "Since when??"

"Um." I was confused. I had been training with them for the past few months and only now am I apart of their team? Weird.

"Welcome, newbie." Kyle poked his head out of the kitchen, munching on some cereal. "To celebrate this occasion, we've decided to take you on a special outing."

Liam shook his head. "Woah, woah woah and woah. No one asked me?"

"Sorry buddy," Cole shrugged. "We reached a unanimous descision before we reached you."

Kyle's footsteps lightly padded along the tile floor. He sat at the dining table, still eating cereal. "Tomorrow, since it's school break, we're going to go to the city and have some fun."

Jae nodded. "We've been kind of stale in practicing. I'm itching to get some excersise."

I looked at the clock. It was 5:00.

"Sorry guys, I have curfew in like an hour, but I have to take the bus." I got off the chair and grabbed my back-pack. It was almost completely dried off- I just hope my iPod is okay.

Jae stood up and fist-bumped me. Cole handed me a crumpled up paper. "Here's Kyle's, Liam's, and my number," he smiled. "I'll send you guys a group message later."

"Kay," I responded, and we shook hands. It really felt like I was one of them now.

"We'll walk you to the bus stop," Jae smiled, swinging her bag over her shoulder.