12.Auburn

"It was a secret, that everyone had to keep, to cherish and respect but to also protect from those who do not fully understand. Think of our ways like a religion, we are a pack we protect our own, if you go against this you are no longer one of us, banished. Being banished from a pack is worse than death, your wolf can't survive on its own, a pack makes our wolves stronger, braver." His eyes flashed with a moment of pride.

"Mates. They're a blessing to us we mate for life at the age of 18 when our wolves become fully grown and let's say they hit puberty. The Moon goddess chose our soul mates allowing us to become stronger with that bond, some mate parings choose to reject in that case, which is rare, a werewolf loses their wolf for a period of mourning time. This is where people commit suicide or go mentally insane. No one's wolf has ever come back before. For those whose mates have died before bonding, there might be a second chance or there might not. The wolf is still stable just lonely and usually just stays alone." With a sigh, my grandfather went back to looking out of the window.

Then I see an Auburn wolf jump on to him out of nowhere and rip him apart. Seeing his limbs being thrown out of their sockets and blood splattering on the window. I turn round to look at Jason, his face was pale and blood spilt from his mouth, slowly he fell to the floor and the large wolf was behind him.

I woke up horrified. I couldn't help but cry, I sobbed loud enough that alerted Carly and she came rushing in. Embracing me in her arms, shushing me and tell me everything's okay. I couldn't get the bloodthirsty wolf out of my head, it was the same one from the last nightmare. It shook me to the core.
————————————————
My head was still sore and my eyes were still puffy. But the dream was nothing but a memory now, it was slowly fading out of my mind, but one thing remained. The large auburn wolf.

I try to distract myself by picking up the book and I start to read Chapter 3: The Council.

The council members were the wisest, oldest werewolves. They were granted immortality by the Moon Goddess for sticking by her side when the old council took advantage of her name.

They were lead by the înalt Curat (which translates to High Pure,) Gweniever, her council was made up of the 7 other types of werewolves: război, Inactivs, înţelept, sol, vulpe, sirenă and the normal werewolf. This allowed the council to be well rounded and full of culture. The council was no longer a feared group, but well respected and content on giving the Moon Goddess what she wished.

The council house was based in Venice, Italy. Disguised by the high witch, to only be seen by those she touches. She was the creator of the house, as the Moon Goddess was a friend. For those who came out of the house on bad terms, she would wipe their entire memory of the house and those who entered would never be able to find the house again unless guided by Adam.

Adam is a very old warrior devoted to the council. He was the one who sought out Gweniever to help the Moon Goddess. He can find anyone the council calls upon. When he turns up at your doorstep, all my prayers will be with you.

The council members may never leave the house as the house is the home of the Moon Goddess. Her words and thoughts flood through the walls, allowing her to communicate with the council. The înalt Curat was the funnel of the Moon Goddess, as her soul is a reflection of the Moon Goddess, she is the one true Alpha.

The înţelept is always the second in command and is always male, their powers are stronger and more dominant. They can read minds if the person is not shielded enough, they have visions of the future and like the translation they are wise. Making them the perfect second in command.

The sol member is an elemental wolf who can hold power over the elements and weather, they are very key to wars and helping the Moon Goddess control what was her creation on earth. They're strong, yet have been cursed with no speech. They cannot communicate with anyone on the council in human form but their grey wolves can, not only with other wolves but with nature and animals too. They are key for peace and happiness.

The vulpe member is translated to Fox, they're cunning and very smart. They can be untrustworthy at first and they do not trust others very easily. If they stay continue not to trust you the council will know that you are not worthy. The fox inside the werewolf is seen through their eyes, a glowing orange iris, and a black background. They are key for strategy but are truly a mystery.

The sirenă member translates to a siren, in this case, banshee. They can sense death and destruction and they can talk to the dead. They don't speak much and I've never met one, so I can't really describe them to you as a reader, but believe anything they say because they cannot lie. I do know that they are key to balance within the Lycan world, keeping the dead at bay and certain events from happening.

With all of these amazing and different types of Werewolf, you are probably wondering, why have a normal werewolf on the council? They are the Moon Goddesses first creation, they are a symbol of strength. They are also humble and determined as they are not as strong as the other werewolves with fascinating powers.

The Chapter seems to cut short, leaving a few blank pages until the next chapter, it was strange, but I wanted to know more and it seems as though the other chapter changed the subject and didn't carry on with anything. I don't know how someone could read this book for pleasure if everything is left unexplained and well, confusing.

It's not confusing if you know. The voice in my head, butted in, I hadn't heard it for a while. She only came into mind to give me small one-liners, that's all. She doesn't bother me that much anymore.

I check my phone and see there is a text message, I smile when I see who it is from, Will.

Hey so, work is dead, want to come in for a coffee? X

I smile knowing I'm quite bored too, and it would help to get mind off the nightmare. I stand up from my desk and tell Carly I'm off to meet Will, she doesn't reply. She's been in her room the whole day, I was worried, but she's done this before. She calls it meditation, saying that when she comes out of the room she feels more at one with everything and calmer. I text back quickly.

I'm on my way xx

--------------------------------------

I walk through the door of the repair shop to see Rideon's head pop through the doorway behind the front desk. I smile and then he waves me over to him, walking through the doorway. The butterflies in my stomach begin to bubble again. I follow him through and I notice he has made me a cup of tea.

"I remembered how you take it, so I thought I would make you one," He smiled charmingly.

"Thank you," I look down at my cup, "How are you?" I ask wanting to start a conversation.

"Yeah, I'm good, you?" He sits next to me on the couch and I remember the kiss that we shared on here, sending a shiver up my spine. I nod, blushing as his eyes locked to mine.

"So...not many customers today then?" I squeaked.

"Just a few pickups in the morning, but it's been dead all afternoon," he groans, "does it ever get like that at Starbucks?" I laugh wishing it would be like that at some point.

"I wish! I haven't worked there in a while, my boss has given me some time off to get better and to get everything sorted for Uni." I smile feeling thankful for John's gesture.

"Lucky, I don't get any time off, it's the curse of working in a family business." He laughs and I do too, my heart warming as I hear his laugh.

----------------------------------------

Hello readers!

How are you liking it so far? I've been publishing every day with 2 or 1 chapters so sorry for the spam, it just means it will finish quicker! I'm already thinking about a sequel with Jason's side to the story and then maybe Carly? I know I want to create a sequel to this with all the characters, hopefully, you guys' input will help.

Happy reading!

LK