Prologue

"Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, Sugar is sweet, So are you..." his voice was menacing, snarling in delight as he swirled his finger in the pool of blood before him. With a jasper gaze he peers up to meet his victim's worrisome gaze, smirking at her quivering, he inhaled closing his eyes. The scent of blood mixed with fear intoxicated him, with a smirk of pride his eyes meet hers again.

She knew this gaze, she had watched him before, an inevitable death that she was to face by his hand. With a momentary sob, her eyes met those of the dead, her lover laid hand reaching for hers to take. The pain in her side from the slashes she had endured, they bled into the hay turning black with age.

"You fear me?" The traitor interjected, she held her tongue knowing he already knew the answer, this was all just game. His eyebrow arched and his eyes glowed once more, "I said, do you fear me?" His voice remained calm, with cracks of frustration.

"I do not fear death," she spat at him, blood trickling down her lips.

"I see, but you fear your queen's death, am I correct?" His voice was sealed with humour, the blood at his fingertips flaked off as he blushed his hand together.

"It's impossible," she fell breathless, understanding his wits.

"She was weak, do you not see?" he took a step closer, "your Queen betrayed you, spinning lies of hope and dignity, you are blind! The world of humans must burn, burn red with their blood and we shall no longer hide in the shadows." His words were spindled in hate and violence, she had heard these words spoken before, in fairytales she was told as a child.

"My Queen was true, it is you that see with eyes of deceit, those are words of the razboi, not of our kind. You're a traitor to the guard," her eyes burned with pride of her people. A laugh bellowed from the killer and he grew closer, squatting himself before her.

"You are well educated, dear maid, it's a pity that you are to go to waste," his hand brushes her auburn strands and tucks them behind her ear. "What is your name?" the words softly grazed his lips and breath fanned her skin. Her eyes remained fixed and mouth shut, a grin swept across his features, "do you not hear me?" Hands moving from her hair to her neck, his grip was firm but she could tell he was hesitating.

"Nancy, what is yours?" she smirked, she could see it now, she was left to last to be integrated to be seduced into submission.

"You are smart," He stood from his squat and walked towards the opening, gazing at the burning castle. His features lit up from the moonlight and flames, ''you understand why you are last, you understand your death will come inevitably, whether painful or not, it is your decision."

"I told you I do not fear death, you can ask me questions and there will be no proof to whether I speak my truth or not, you have left a trail of innocent blood behind you. The information you seek is troubled with paranoia because you are the blind one Vladamir, not me." Her voice was laced with struggle as she moves to stand, to die with pride was her decision, pain already surges through her.

"So you do know my name, then you know that the blood will only run behind me until I find the last inalt," He turns to her and smiles.

"You will find them, I'm sure of this but you won't succeed, for the blood, you drain is merely the blood you owe."