Chapter 3

Noodle's eyes widened in shock. What did Murdoc just say?

2D apparently wasn't the ''stupid'' one in this scenario.

She tried to blow the dust out of the rusty keyhole, and she suceeded, only to find a coin stuck in chewed-up gum, blocking her view.

She put her ear closer to the doorknob in attempt to hear somewhat better.

''Wot? Wot d'yew mean?'' 2D's face turned a deep shade of crimson.

''I've seen the way she looks at ya - like she wants to jump yer bones.''

''What the Hell is he talking about?'' Noodle thought to herself. She had stopped sobbing, though her body was still trembling a bit, with a few tears staining her now pale face. She was angry, slightly confused, wondering where did Murdoc get that idea.

Murdoc continued, with a smug tone of voice: ''Y'know, Especially when you sang ''To Binge'' . ''

Whoa. Really, Murdoc?

Noodle tried not to laugh , but she couldn't stop herself. She muffled her giggles with her hand, hoping the boys couldn't hear her.

''Wot? Oh Lord.'' 2D was tomato-red, ''I've never sang that song wif Noods.I've sang it wif the cyborg, and the only look it gave me was tha ''move and yer dead''-look . ''

Noodle was listening to the two's conversation, giggling, surprised at her own mood swings. A few moment ago she was sobbing, broken, and now she couldn't stop laughing, although tears were still streaming down her face.

''He-he'' Murdoc chuckled, with an awkward grin.

''Yew don't even kno' wot yew're talking 'bout.''

''Oi runt,you think yer eye will get wot my fist is talkin' 'bout? ''

2D got the message and went to the elevator, sighing,he pulled an orange bottle with a white label from his pocket. He got into the elevator without a word, popping 4-5 small pills into his mouth while he pressed the button that would take him to his room.

Noodle stood up from the cold, stained floor and went to the sink, checking her reflection in the blurred mirror. Her skin was really pale and her eyes were still bloodshot, but nothing a little hair couldn't cover. She tried to straighten her hair with her fingers, thinking how her hair isn't what it used to be. It was a bit more choppy now, a bit more wild,and a bit more how Noodle was now,it suited her better than the perfectly straight,shiny, purple shaded hair-do she used to have. After a few minutes of trying to straighten her hair, Noodle finally tamed it, flushed the toilet and let the water run a bit before she exited the bathroom.

Murdoc was sitting at his desk, scribbling something onto a piece of paper. Noodle noticed he was writing with a pencil, rather than ink which he usually used. She was wandering what was he writing because he seemed to be making big strokes with his pencil, too big for regular letters or notes. She tip-toed her way toward him and leaned over his shoulder to take a look at his creation.

Before she could see anything he flinched abruptly and jumped up, nervously trying to fold the pale-beige paper. He knocked the table with his leg and it rolled over,a sea of paper covering the floor.

''Shit!'' Murdoc exclaimed,holding the knee he injured pressed to the floor.

''Murdoc! Are you alright?'' Noodle cried as she squatted to help him,terror written boldly on her face.

Murdoc took a deep breath, hissing in pain.

''I'm fine,luv.'' He tried to comfort her, almost laughing at her worried expression.