Chapter 10 (End)

2D smiled sadly, "Okay. Actually I don' fink I wos in love with yew, I just love yew. Do you get wot I mean?"

"I lobe you too, 2D. You are by best friebd abd I lobe you more than abythibg, but I'm ib lobe with Mudz. Cobe here," she sniffled and lifted her blanket up, patting the spot beside her.

2D smiled and laid on the bed beside her, snuggling under the blanket.

"Luv, yew wanna listen to sum music?" he asked quietly.

"That would be great, Toochi," she grinned slightly.

2D searched his pockets but couldn't find his phone. He thought he must've left it in Murdoc's room this morning. Or it fell out in the living room.

"Sorry luv, can't seem to find mah phone," he looked at her apologetically.

"Oh... Okay," she scooted closer to him and closed her eyes.

Suddenly 2D began to sing.

He sang parts of different songs, a bit of rock and then some gentle love songs. Surprisingly none of them were their own. Noodle felt really tired but enjoyed his voice so much she didn't want to fall asleep.

Murdoc stood outside the door a bit, listening to 2D sing some Human League. He peeked inside and saw them laying together. He was going to enter to check on Noodle but something stopped him. Noodle needed a friend right now, and he hadn't exactly been that for the past few days. So he sat on the floor by her bedroom door and listened to 2D's singing and Noodle's occasional giggling.

2D made her happy and she chose him, Murdoc thought. He was about to leave but lingered by the door a bit when 2D sung a song unfammiliar to him but obviously it was fammiliar to Noodle, for he could hear her soft humming.

"All along the western front,

People line up to receive,

She's got the power in her hands,

To shock you like you won't believe,"

Murdoc had to admit he enjoyed 2D's singing. He stood by the door until the song finished and then made his way to his room, passing Russel who was carrying some fruit, tea and chicken soup on a tray.

The next four days were pretty hard for Noodle. First she spiked a high temperature, but luckily it went away soon. Occasionally 2D would come and sing to her and Russel would bring food. It hurt her most that Murdoc was nowhere to be seen.

Murdoc would lock himself in his room and drink gallons of rum. He didn't even get out to eat with the others, he would only go to the bathroom when he thought no one was around. He lived on alcohol, cigarettes and some snacks he had in his room. Actually he didn't even feel like living anymore, all he could think of was that Noodle chose 2D over him, not knowing he was wrong.

Few days after, Noodle was all better and she was going to the kitchen when Russel called her to lunch. On her way there, she stopped by Murdoc's room and knocked on the door.

"Murdoc?" she called out.

He stood up abruptly at the sound of her voice and rushed to the door. Still, when he put his hand onto the doorknob he hesitated a bit before opening it.

He opened the door slowly to see Noodle standing in front of it.

She smiled widely when she saw him and he blushed.

"Ya wanna come in?" he asked, scratching his head.

"Sure," she nodded and he stepped aside to let her in.

"So... Am I allowed to 'ave one last kiss?" he chuckled nervously.

"Last? What do you mean?" her face contorted into confusion.