4 || Open Gym

🍀

🍀

Jason breathed heavily as he was sat on the ground, panting as Kyle crossed his arms. They were currently at Kyle's house training in his backyard. "Tired already?" he said as Jason shot him a glare "we've been training since we got back from school and it's almost seven!" "Oh right, sorry dude it's just that I'm so used to going super speed all time" Kyle laughed as Jason only scoffed.

"I think I'm ready" Jason said as Kyle smiled "good! You have confidence!" he said as Jason raised a brow, "you don't think I'm ready?" "What? Jason of course I do!" Kyle said.

Jason gave Kyle a stern look and stood up "well we'll see what happens" he said.

💫

Justin walked down the bridge as he looked down at his book, it usually took about three minutes to cross the bridge to school so Justin always took it to his advantage and read his book. Suddenly Justin's book was smacked towards the ground and Jason smirked as Justin looked up at the boy. "Ready for today?" he said as Justin picked up his book, "yep" he said as he opened his book. "I know what you're doing Justin" Jason said "and what exactly is that?" Justin said as Jason rolled his eyes. "Look just know that you're going down okay?" Jason said and suddenly ice began to overtake his body.

"Leave him alone, will ya?" Winter said and hooked her arm around Justin's.

"Jason?" Tyler raised a brow and suddenly the ice began to melt as Jason glared "that bitch" he said.

"Ignore him Justin, he's just trying to scare you" Winter said, "Well I'm fine actually" Justin shrugged. "Well I would be too if i was going to fight someone that's weaker than me" Winter snorted and Justin rolled his eyes playfully. But the truth is he just didn't care to fight Jason, he doesn't want to fight Jason at all. Yeah he's mad at Jason for how he treated him but Justin doesn't care for revenge, but maybe if they fought then it could put the past behind them.

"Hey Jason" Monica said as she wrapped her arms around his neck, "I can't wait to see you fight today.. I'll be rooting for you" she winked as Jason smiled "thanks" he said and Tyler rolled his eyes as Kyle raised a brow. "You really hate her don't you?" Kyle said.

"We dated before" Tyler said as Kyle's eyes widened "for real?" "Yeah last year and she cheated on me twice" Tyler said and walked away as Kyle frowned.

Jason and Monica laughed and she kissed his cheek as he grinned. "Come on Jase" Kyle said and grabbed Jason's wrist, dragging him away from the girl as Jason raised a brow. "What's up?" "nothing it's just that uh.. well let's talk strategy about the battle" Kyle said as Jason smiled "good thinking" he said.

🔥💧

"Ladies and gentlemen! Welcome to this years first open gym!" the coach announced as everyone cheered. Everyone was sat on the bleachers and in the center of the gym was the battling area. "First we have Casper Gonzales! With the ability of electricity VS Diana Mitchel! With the ability of a shapeshifter!" the coach announced into the mic as the crowd cheered in excitement.

"This is amazing!" Kyle said as Tyler smiled "yeah it's always like this" he said.

"When does Justin go on?" Bianca asked as Winter shrugged "I actually don't know" she said with her arms crossed.

Jason stood in the locker room with armor on and he looked at himself in the mirror. Jason hated wearing armor but it was required. Jason glanced at Justin who was sat on the bench reading a book. "You're such a nerd" Jason spoke up as Justin looked up at him. "Don't you ever get bored of bothering me?" Justin rolled his eyes and put his book in his backpack. "Nope it's fun" Jason smiled and leaned towards Justin, "what are you going to do about it?" he said as Justin stared at him with a blank expression.

"Alright Justin and Jason!" Someone called and Justin stood up as he followed Jason to the halls.

"Oh look there they are!" Kyle said as they stepped into the gym.

"Shake hands" the coach said and the boys shook hands as the invisible shield began to activate around them.

The coach blew his whistle and quickly backed away as Justin backed away. "Running away?" Jason smirked and Justin only smiled as he ran towards Jason and shot water from the palms of his hands, Jason crossed his arms into an 'X' and groaned as he dodged the water, the man groaned in pain as his arms began to sting. "W-why is it stinging?!" Jason said and the water flew back towards Justin, Justin dodged the water and smirked "my water powers have chemicals, you see it isn't just normal water Jason.. it melts anything that it comes in contact with" he said and Jason looked at his arms making sure that they weren't that bad but they were just a tad bit red. "I'm not using my full power right now" Justin said and raised his arm up, his entire arm turned into a blade out of water and Jason's eyes widened. "Come on Jason do something, all this talk and all you've done was stand there!" Justin said and Jason shook his head.

Jason vanished and Justin's eyes widened, suddenly Jason was behind him and Jason kicked Justin so hard he went flying, crashing against the invisible shield as everyone gasped.

"Holy shit! Jason can teleport?!" Tyler said as Kyle smiled. It's an ability that Jason gets from his mother. Justin landed on the ground and groaned, Jason formed flames on both his hands and began throwing fireballs at Justin, Justin quickly stood up and ran the opposite way.

Justin jumped and shot water at Jason, and instantly Jason formed a shield around himself and teleported again, this time he kept teleporting in different spots as Justin kept trying to keep up with where Jason was. Justin groaned in frustration and suddenly Jason stopped behind him and threw a fireball at Justin. Justin fell on the ground and Jason smiled.

"Yeah!" Kyle cheered, "COME ON JUSTIN GET UP! BEAT HIS ASS!" Winter shouted as Kyle shot her a glare "Hey! Shut up!" he said as Winter stuck her tongue out at him and flicked him off.

Justin stuck his hand out and closed his eyes as he whispered something to himself while he was still on the ground and suddenly a wave of water began to form, aiming towards Jason as his eyes widened. Jason crossed his arms and attempted to dodge the wave but it was too late. The wave hit Jason, knocking him down on his knees.

Jason groaned as the wave disappeared and attempted to make a flame with his fingers but nothing was coming out.

"It looks like both boys are down!" the coach announced and everyone cheered. "Huh? How?! I demand a rematch!" Winter said. "Interesting.. they both weren't using their full strength" Bianca said as Winters eyes widened "you're kidding?" "Nope.. this fight was nothing, in fact I don't even think they're both exhausted at all, I can sense their powers and they still have so much hidden" Bianca said.

Winter raised a brow in confusion. "But why would Justin hold back?" she wondered and Kyle thought the same thing about his own best friend, why would Jason hold back?