7 || Sunflower

"So Jason where were you after school?" Kyle asked and Jason shrugged as they walked down the bridge, "I went straight home" he said and Kyle raised a brow "liar" "why do you even care? You're not my girlfriend" Jason scoffed "I know you were with...

"So Jason where were you after school?" Kyle asked and Jason shrugged as they walked down the bridge, "I went straight home" he said and Kyle raised a brow "liar" "why do you even care? You're not my girlfriend" Jason scoffed "I know you were with Justin!" "Okay fine we had lunch then I dropped him off, so what?" "You like him" Kyle said as Jason's eyes widened "and what makes you so sure?" "I just know based on the way you look at him.. I don't blame you Jase, I'll admit he's attractive now, in middle school he was a nerd with terrible acne, huge glasses, and braces, and now all of a sudden he's hot and it's okay if you like him but how come you didn't tell me? I thought we were best friends" Kyle frowned and Jason sighed "okay I think he's cute but I'm not even one hundred percent sure if I like him, because yeah he's cute but I don't really know him that well and that's why I didn't want to say anything because I wanted to be sure" Jason said and Kyle nodded in understanding. "Yeah that makes sense" he said and suddenly a pair of arms wrapped around Jason's waist from behind "Hey Jason" he heard a girls voice and immediately moved forward "what do you want?" Jason sighed. Monica pouted "I wanted to ask if you'd go to homecoming with me" she said "no thank you" he said and turned around, "please I'll make it worth your while" "he's already going with Justin" Kyle said and Jason elbowed his side as he yelped.

"Seriously? You're going with the geek?" she said as Jason sighed "just leave me alone" he said and grabbed Kyles arm as he left. "Why did you say that?! I haven't even asked him yet!" Jason glared "I'm sorry! I was trying to help!" Kyle frowned "now I really have to ask him soon before he hears it from someone else" Jason said with a sigh.

Jason entered the school and found Justin standing by the corner with a sign, he walked towards him and tapped on his shoulder. Justin turned around as he held a poster that read "Homecoming?"

Justin's eyes widened as I stood in front of him in surprise "t-this is not what it looks like" he said "I'm helping a friend" he said and Jason couldn't help but feel disappointed. "Look, I need to ask you something" Jason said "hold on" Justin said and turned around. The boys watched as Bianca walked towards Winter with flowers, Justin walked towards them with the sign and Jason watched as Winter smiled widely.

Jason looked down, thinking maybe he should have planned something or at least gotten Justin something to ask him with. Justin soon ran back towards Jason with a smile "aren't they adorable?" he laughed "what did you want to ask me?" Justin said and Jason scratched his head "umm.. I forgot" he said and laughed awkwardly, Justin raised a brow and Jason smiled "well bye" he said and walked away, Jason face palmed in embarrassment as he cursed to himself.

After school Jason decided he'd go to the store and buy Justin a flower. Jason looked around at all the flowers, he didn't want to buy Justin a basic rose, it's too cliché, Jason stared at the sunflowers and decided to get him a bouquet of them. Jason held the flowers in his hands as he walked down the sidewalk, he felt nervous but now he was ready to ask Justin tomorrow.

"Who are those for?" Jason's mother smiled as her and her husband sat around the table eating dinner. "This guy at school" Jason said "aww do you hear that dear? Jason has a crush" "it's about time, he hasn't had a date in months" his father teased as Jason groaned in annoyance. "When do we get to meet him?" "When you two stop embarrassing me" Jason mumbled as his parents laughed. "By the way son, tomorrow my friend Cesar is coming to help you train" "he's back from Kentucky?" Jason said "yep and he wants to see how much you've improved" his father said as Jason smiled, maybe if Cesar sees how much he'd improved he could talk his father into letting them battle for the first time. "Cool" Jason said and went to his room with the flowers.

Jason set the sunflowers on his nightstand and lied down on his bed. Excited to see Justin tomorrow.