Soldier × Medic!Reader [Fluff]

Requested by UniquelySaiyan! Thank you for requesting and your great books!

You couldn't help but support his patriotic traditions, not because your American, but because you couldn't resist how cute and happy he gets around this American holiday.

Tonight you guys were going to set off fireworks.

He was planning this for months, saving up money for expensive fireworks that he bought online.

It was almost time, you put on all the patriotic items you had, even those American flag undergarments you got from Amazon.

You stepped out of your room, walking through the halls until you reached Solly and Tavish's room.

Knocking, you say the Soldiers name through the door.

"Solly, you ready for for fireworks?"

He then swung open the door, hitting Tavish in the face.

All Tavish did is grunt while walking out of the room while having his arms wrapped around some of the fireworks.

Solly walked out with the rest, hauling them in a wheelbarrow.

You smirked at the sight. His smile was big and wide, showing how happy he is. He looks happy... content... absolutely adorable.

"You boys ready for some fireworks?" You ask, placing your hands on your hips.

"OF COURSE WE ARE, A/N! WHAT BETTER THAN TO CELEBRATE THIS BELOVED HOLIDAY WITH SOME BIG EXPENSIVE FIREWORKS!"

You chuckled, taking the fireworks from Tavish's arms and held them for him.

Tavish acknowledged what you did with a nod, then went back into him and Solly's room.

"Ready to have a blast?"

"OF COURSE, CUPCAKE! I WAS BORN READY! READY IS MY LEGAL MIDDLE NAME!"

Chuckling to yourself, you start walking down the hall with Solly following suit.

When you and Solly reached the battlefield you placed all the fireworks on the ground. Solly emptied the wheelbarrow onto the fireworks you placed on the ground.

What a sight... I big pile of illegal fireworks... Absolutely beautiful.

You turned to Solly and cocked an eyebrow.

"You ready for the show?" You ask, pulling out a lighter. He smirked.

"OF COURSE, CUPCAKE!"

The two of you arranged the fireworks to where each of the strings tied togetogether, making it easier to light them.

He looked to you with that iconic smile on his face and you looked back.

"You wanna light them? You know, the fireworks?"

"IT WOULD BE AN HONOR, MA'AM!"

You toss Solly the lighter and watch him light the first firework. It was like a chain effect, it was really pretty

You were so busy looking at the fireworks you completely forgot to pay attention to what Solly was doing.

Looking over to your fellow mercenary you see him... Handless?

Oh God...

You rush over to him, seeing him holding the hand that blew off.

"Ah shit... Follow me, the fireworks are going to have to continue without us."

Out of instinct you reach for his not hurt hand and hold it, leading him to the Mediclinic.

Face turning pink and hot, you realize what you just did.

You immediately let go of his hand, saying "Follow me."

He cocked a brow and followed you until you finally reached your station.

Waking in you tell Solly to sit down on your examination table while you get your needle and thread.

"YES MA'AM, I AM NOW WALKING OVER TO THE TABLE AND NOW I AM SITTING ON IT."

You grab the two items off the counter, and head over to Solly.

You place them down on your side table and grab Solly's blasted off hand and place it back into where it was on his arm.

"Do me a favor and hold this like how I am, please."

The Soldier does as you ask and hold his hand while you start to thread the needle throughout his hand to his arm.

The Tall patriotic wonder winced in pain, not making a sound.

When you finished you bit the thread and pulled your mouth away, breaking it. Out of sarcasm you place a band-aid on his wrist.

He chuckled to himself, rolling his eyes and standing up from the table.

"Thanks cupcake."

Your eyes got wide in shock, hearing his voice that soft shook you up... Not in a bad way though.

Solly smirked, cocking a brow.

"What? Was it something I said?"

Your jaw dropped.

"YES! YOU'VE NEVER TALKED THAT QUIETLY... YOU SOUND LIKE A NORMAL PERSON FOR ONCE!"

"And is that bad?"

"No, of course not!"

"Okay, good."

You started to laugh. Looking over to him you see him poking his stitches.

You grab his hand and pull it away, making him stop with his shenanigans.

Soldier laughs and plops back down onto the table.

"Why are you sitting down? You don't want to watch the pretty fireworks?"

"I don't need watch the pretty fireworks when I'm already looking at something far more prettier."

Your face turned a deep pink. Solly saw this and a big childish grin appeared on his chiseled faces.

You sat down next to him, taking off his oversized helmet and holding it in your hands.

"You really mean that?"

"Of course, why would I not?"

You start to smile softly, exposing your one single dimple.

Soldier then grabbed for your gloved hand, taking it in his.

His helmet dropped to the floor with a loud 'clang' but you two didn't give two fucks.

You put all of your attention on Solly, taking in every detail of him. From his icy blue eyes to the small tatters in his uniform.

You saw no flaw in this Merc... You truly loved everything about him.

The two of you spent the rest of the night inside the Mediclinic, him running his big fingers throughout your soft head of hair.

It was peaceful, making you pass out in his lap.

You woke up instead your bed, covered in big fluffy blankets. One of these weren't yours, but Soldier's. You grabbed it off of you and wadded it up, placing it next to you and wrapping your arms around it, falling back asleep.

Holy shitballs, suuper sorry about the extremely late update. I finally found some inspo to complete this chapter so I did somehow lol. Anyways...

Word count: 1029