Aim for the Heart: Part Four (Liam and Harry)

LPPOV:

            “Here take my phone, okay? I’ll be with Harry so call him if you need anything, yeah?” I said to Niall as I handed him my phone. He took with it with a nod and shoved it into the pocket of his jeans before heading out the door.

            I would be lying if I said I wasn’t anxious about letting Niall out on his own but I figured it was time that he built his own bearings. I knew that if I were him, I would have been irritated with the constant hovering and cautious looks. I wanted to give him a chance for some alone time; something he hadn’t gotten the choice of having in a long while.

            I went over to the kitchen counter and poured myself another cup of coffee, mentally thanking Zayn’s mother for giving us a spare. I dead tired of cheap city coffee that tasted as through it was brewed inside of a rusted rubbish bin.

            About halfway through my second cup, my headache was finally starting to fade away. I sat at the table and mindlessly stared at a newspaper when I heard Harry shuffle into the kitchen from the bathroom. He was wearing some of his new clothes and his wet hair was pushed back with a bandana.

            “How’s it going, Rambo?” I asked while I folded up the paper. I heard him chuckle as he took down a mug for himself.

            “He’s got jokes this morning,” he replied. He poured his coffee and came around the table to sit across from me.

            “Where’s Niall?” he asked, bringing the mug up to his lips.

            “I let him go to get something to eat.”

            Harry paused for a moment before allowing himself to take a sip. He swallowed and cleared his throat.

            “Don’t worry, Haz. I gave him my phone. Relax,” I said before he could say anything.

            The corner of his mouth lifted and he gave a small nod before he looked around the room, looking slightly uneasy.

            “Are you alright, mate?”

            “Uh, yeah. I’m good.”

            I took another sip from my coffee before the thoughts and flashbacks from last night began to stumble through my mind.

            “It was a good time last night, yeah? It was good to see the lads in a bit of fun.”

            Harry nodded and then laughed.

            “Can you believe how drunk Zayn got? That was classic! And Niall? I thought for sure he wasn’t going to survive.”

            “Yeah, what in God’s name did you put in their drinks? They got drunk so fast. I don’t understand,” I said, being careful not to laugh too hard just in case my headache decided to revolt. Harry simply shrugged.

            “Just a little cocktail recipe I have. Nothing too drastic. Just depends on who’s drinking it, is all.” I cocked an eyebrow at him but then shook my head as I got up to rinse my mug.

            “You still wanting to get something to eat?”

            “Yeah, my stomach feels like it’s eating itself.”

            At that, he got up and we both made our way to the door. I noticed Harry making a face again as I pulled on my jacket. It seemed as though he was unsettled with something with his brows furrowed and the corners of his mouth turned down.