Chapter 5

I was sitting outside in the sun with the neighbours, just chatting and drinking my second beer. I was really bored. There was nothing to do. The only things I've done for the past 2 hours is talking to Izzy and helping dad with the barbecue.

As I was sitting silently outside, I got a text.

Message from Lukey:)x- 5:26pm

Hey Ash:) Can you go out to your driveway? I'm outside...

Message from Ash:)x- 5:26pm

Why are you outside my house?...

Message from Lukey:)x- 5:27pm

Just come out here, I have something to ask you

I put my phone in my pocket and walked out the front door to see Luke standing by my mailbox.

"Can this be quick? My mum will be wondering where I am", I said.

Luke rolled his eyes. "Mummy's boy", He smirked.

I scoffed. "I am not a mummy's boy, I just care about her".

Okay, maybe sometimes it seems like I'm a mummy's boy, but I just care about her, and I don't wanna upset or worry her.

"Do you want to come to a party with me?", He asked.

A party with Luke? Something tells me this won't be a normal party with drinks and music...

"I-I can't. I have to stay here, this is special to my mum and I can't leave", I replied.

He sighed. "You said you have these neighbourhood barbecues a lot, right?",

I nodded. "Well, you'll be here for the next one", He said.

"Luke...I don't know", I said. "My mum won't approve of this".

"Don't tell her, then. Just come with me now".

I took a deep breath. It can't be that bad, right? And I will be here for the next neighbourhood barbecue. I don't wanna be labelled as a mummy's boy, so I guess I should go.

"Whatever, I'll go", I said.

He smiled. "Really?".

I nodded. "Yeah, should I change?", I asked.I just had on black skinny jeans and a plain burgundy tee.

He shook his head. "No, what you've got on is fine", He said.

"Okay", I replied.

He smiled. "Let's go...". We began to walk to...wherever this party is...

-

We walked into the...dirtier side of town, until Luke stopped us at a small house. It was pretty normal. One story and and a few neighbours surrounding it. It looked like the grass at the front hadn't been mowed for 5 years and the street just looked...scummy.

"We're here", Luke smiled as we stopped at the mailbox.

I looked around. "Are you sure? It looks...dangerous".

"Don't worry, I will protect you, everything will be fine", He reassured. We walked through the front door, and the smell of cigarette smoke made my nose scrunch up in disgust.

We walked into the living room and I saw couples making out in the corner, and I saw peope drinking alcohol heavily. I gulped and followed Luke out to the backyard to where most people were.

I didn't recognise any of these people. They look...rough and dangerous, and they were staring at me like I was the first person to ever walk the earth.

"Ashton, relax", Luke put his hand on my shoulder. "You're safe".

I nodded and followed Luke to another boy, who I'm guessing is his friend. "Ashton, this is Michael, Michael this is Ashton", Luke introduced us.

"Hey, man", Michael slurred. I'm guessing he's already drunk.

"Hi", I said shyly.

Michael suddenly pulled me into a hug. "Ashy, d-don't be shy, I've heard a lot about you", He said and I froze.

"Lukester told me how much he wanted to fuck you, and-", Luke quickly slapped his hand over Michael's mouth and I let out a small laugh. "Alright, Michael. You're piss drunk, you don't know what you're saying", Luke said.

"Let's go get a drink, I need one", Luke dragged me towards the kitchen.

He handed me something in a red cup. I smelt it, and it was so strong. "I'm sorry, but I can't drink anymore tonight", I was being responsible.

"Why not?", Luke asked taking a sip of the strong drink.

"I'm only allowed two alcoholic drinks on special occasions, and I've already had them today", I said.

He sighed. "Ashton, your mum isn't here, just have a goddamn drink", He held out a drink.

I shook my head. "No".

He rolled his eyes. "Alright then".

We dragged me towards the living room and turned up the music more. People began to dance and I was just sitting on the couch like a loner.

I saw Luke and Michael walk out to the backyard. I felt alone because I know no one except for Luke and he's ditched me.

I was sitting down feeling sorry for myself when a boy with black hair came and sat next to me. "Hey, I'm Jason".

"I'm Ashton", I wasn't so enthusiastic.

"Aww, what's up? You look sad".

I sighed. "I came here with someone, and he's ditched me, and I don't know anyone else here", I explained.

He put his hand on my thigh, and it felt weird. "That sucks, but now you know me", He said.

His hand on my thigh made me feel uncomfortable, so I quickly stood up and said "I'm going to get a drink". I walked into the kitchen and got a drink of water.

I'm not enjoying this party. It's full of drunk creeps who are getting high, and it isn't safe.

"TRUTH OR DARE IN THE LIVING ROOM, EVERYONE", I heard Michael shout. I put my cup on the bench and made my way to the living room

I saw everyone in a massive circle. Luke saw me and told me to sit next to him, so I did.

"Where have you been?", He asked me.

I scoffed. "Where have I been? Where the fuck have you been? You knew I wasn't happy about coming, and then you go and ditch me", I said.

He sighed. "I'm sorry, Ash. Can we just forget about it?".

I shrugged. "Whatever".

"Alright, let's get started", Michael smiled.

This was going to be a long night...