Chapter 8

Ashton's POV...

My head was pounding like crazy as I ran to work. I didn't have my car today, so I had to run.

I made it to the DVD store and saw it was 9:26am. I was actually on time for once.

"Ashton, you're on time today", Phil said.

I walked behind the counter. "Yeah I am".

"Your mum called me, she said you didn't come home last night and she was wondering if you were here", He replied.

I froze. "Oh".

He shrugged. "Well, its not my problem anyway...", He said.

He walked into the staff room and I began my shift. I just sat at the counter thinking. I'm really glad Luke asked me to be his boyfriend, it make me happy knowing that he feels the same way.

But the problem is...I can't tell my parents that I'm going out with Luke. They will know I'm gay and kick me out.

I can't let Luke meet my parents, and I can't take Luke around to my house all the time because my parents will get suspicious. He's like...My Little Secret.

-

I was flicking through a magazine as a customer walked through the door. I looked up and saw it was Luke, and it looked like he'd been crying. I heard him sniff and he wiped his eyes.

I ran around the counter and pulled him into a hug. "Lukey, what's wrong?", I rubbed his back as I hugged him.

I felt him grip me tightly. "M-My dad kicked m-me out", He sobbed.

"What, why?", I asked.

"I t-told him that I h-have a boyfriend, a-and he started t-to yell and scream at m-me, and then t-told me to move o-out", He explained.

"I'm so sorry", I kissed his forehead.

"I-I usually don't c-care about people hating me f-for my s-sexuality, but it h-hurt", He sobbed.

I nodded. "It was your own father, of course it hurt", I replied.

"I guess so", He took a deep breath and pulled away from the hug.

"You can stay at my house tonight", I smiled.

He shook his head. "I-I can't, Ashton. I don't wanna bother your family".

I stood on my tip-toes and gently kissed his lips, tasty the salty tears on his lips.

"Baby, you won't bother them", I said. "And when I see mum, she will probably make me sleep outside, since I didn't come home last night".

"Thank you", He smiled.

"No problem, Lukey", I replied.

I went around to the counter. "What are you doing now?", I asked him.

"Nothing, I have nowhere to go and nothing to do", He said.

I smirked. "You can help me here, there's a few DVD's that need to be restocked".

He sighed. "Whatever. I guess I should, since you're letting me stay at your house", He replied.

I nodded. "Yup".

He rolled his eyes and grabbed a few DVD's and put them on the correct shelves.

It scared me more knowing that Luke's dad kicked him out. That means, my parents might get angry and kick me out as well.

My mum's going to be furious when I get home from work. She will be so mad that I didn't contact her, I can see it now...

-