Chapter 3

It was 9:30am, and I decided to go to the park. I love going to the park early in the morning, it's so peaceful and quiet, I really enjoy it.

I walked down the path taking in all the scenery. The park was pretty empty, so the park was filled with the birds tweeting and the trees rustling as the wind blew around them.

I sat under a big Oak tree and just relaxed. I was just chilling out when I heard someone call my name.

"Ashton", Said the name.

I looked over to the path, and saw Luke walking towards me. I noticed he had a big bunch of Lilies in his arms too.

"Hey, Ashton", He smiled.

"Hey", I replied. "What are those?", I asked referring to the flowers.

"They're for you, you said I need to make more of an effort, so...I brought you these", He handed me the Lilies.

I took them and saw a little card on the top of the bunch of flowers. I read it, and it said...

Dear, Ash

Can I please have your number?

Luke xx

I smiled and pulled him in for a hug. "Luke, you didn't need to get me anything at all", I said.

"No, it's okay", He replied.

"Thank you so much, Luke, that's really sweet considering we only met yesterday".

"It's fine", He smiled.

"You're really cute", He randomly said, and I blushed.

"Thanks, and yes, you can have my number", I replied.

He gave me his phone and I typed in my number, also calling the contact 'Ash:) x'

I gave him back his phone and he smiled. "Thank you", He said.

"No problem".

I smelt the flowers, and they smelt really good. "Oh god, they smell so good", I said.

"I know", He replied. "When I was in the florist, I couldn't stop smelling all the flowers, and then the lady who works there, told me to hurry up and decide what I wanted, and then she told me to leave".

I let out a small laugh. "You actually went to the florist to buy these?", I asked.

He nodded. "Yes".

"Wow, I thought they were from the supermarket, or dairy, not an actual florist", I said.

"Your worth more than $10.00 at the supermarket", He smiled.

I blushed. "Thank you, again, Luke. I don't think anyone has ever brought me flowers before", I said.

"No problem", He smiled.

"What are you doing now?", He asked.

"Nothing, why?".

"We could hang out?", He suggested.

I nodded. "Okay, but I'll have to go home and take the flowers back first".

"Sure, I'll come with you", He replied and I nodded before starting to walk home.

-

"Who's this?", Mum asked when I walked into the living room with Luke.

"This is Luke", I smiled.

"Hello, Luke", Mum said.

Luke smiled. "Hi".

Mum looked at the flowers and her eyes lit up.