I'm Done

Angelicas POV

Hello my name is Angelica Mendoza, I am 22 years old I live with my peace of shit, drunken step father.

He works for some big named bank or something and he is loaded. Not that I get to see any of that money.

Till this day he blames me for my mothers death. I slightly blame myself too.

I had a talent show at my school in 6th grade and she was on her way. But there was a big storm going on out side. And she had been fighting the night before with Erik her husband.

she had been crying all day, I know because that morning when she dropped me off at school she was trying to hide her tears from me.

She never made it to my talent show, which I had won. I was so exited when I was done to tell her but she was never there.

I waited outside in the rain, people kept leaving until the place was empty. After what felt like hours a police car showed up and a women got out of the car. I still remember her expression till today. She looked utterly heart broken.

"Angelica?" she asked and I nodded, "come with me sweetheart"

I went with her, when we got to the police station a social worker picked me up. They told me what happened to my mother.

I felt like dying too, but I knew that my mother wouldn't want that.

There was a funeral, not much people went, just a few co workers of my mothers. She worked at a clinic as a pediatrician. There was also my step father and his friends and co workers, but thats it.

My mother was an only child and both her parents died when she was 20 years old. She finished med school then got pregnant with me, she doesn't know who my father is, she was at a concert with some friends and got drunk. She hooked up with a guy in the bathroom.

She never saw him again, at least thats what she told me when I was ten.

And she always said to be careful when it comes to boys and all that.

She met Erik when I was 5 years old and married him 6 months later, apparently it was love at first sight.

After the funeral I was in foster care for a year, till Erik adopted me.

I was very happy that day, I thought, I was finally gonna be okay.

But that first night, was awful. He got drunk and started cursing me and saying how I took away the love of his life.

He didn't beat me up then, the beatings started when I was 14, when I started getting a little bit of an attitude and started talking
Back.

It started with a slap, then a punch and then multiple hits.

He never aloud me to attend singing classes or dance classes. He new how much I loved it.

I wasn't even really aloud friends. I started sneaking out when I was 18 to meet my boyfriend Trevor. Mostly when he was knocked out in his room.

I always had to be back home after school. I wasn't even aloud to leave the state for college, and plus I didn't have money so I couldn't exactly leave.

The hours he wasn't home I would sing and dance, but as soon as I knew it was time for him to get home, I would shut the radio and start studying.

I went to a community college and still lived in Eriks house.

I graduated college a few months ago but I wasn't aloud to leave or do anything.