The Beat Goes On...

"Uhh..." The taste of wine and the stale smoke of tobacco lingers in the air. "Ugh..." I open my eyes slowly and the blinding light of the sun makes me wince.

Oh... My head! It feels like a ton of breaks just landed on it. I can't open my eyes anymore. It's too damned bright.

"Mmmm..."

What the fuck... I turn my head to the side and look up at the sleeping face of Carlo with his handsome self sound asleep and with no shirt on...

No! THIS DID NOT HAPPEN! No! No.... Holy crap! He's naked! I'm naked! Oh shit! Oh, my fucking shit! How much did we drink last night? DID I GET ANY WORK DONE?

"Shit..." Arms twitch around my waist loosely.

Just get out. Don't pull up the covers and see... Holy crap! Oh... Wow.

Nevermind.

How the hell am I going to get out of here without waking him up? How am I going to explain to him... To Jimmy.

Oh, My God! I'm so screwed! This is exactly what I needed to ruin everything.

"Mmm..." The groan vibrates through me and I stay as still as possible.

Arms slowly leave me and he turns on his side facing away from me.

Thank you!

I jump out of bed slowly and head to my bathroom. I look down and find my underwear on the ground next to my bra and one of his socks and a heel. My eyes go just north of that and find silk boxers hanging on a lamp my mother bought me.

"Jesus!" I gasp at the mess of wine glasses and shot glasses all over the place.

Just get in the bathroom and wash away your shame because you'll have to face the music soon enough.

"Relax!" I whisper. "Just relax!"

Oh what the hell am I gonna do now? Everything is ruined. And the security detail Jimmy sent, oh My God! They probably already know and have told Jimmy! Oh no. Oh no!

~*~

Last night.

"And that's all you have to finish?" Carlo asks as we reach my apartment door.

"And a bottle of aged single malt scotch!" I wink at him as we get in.

"Bring it out and let's work!" For hours we sat at the piano bickering over measure tempo and melodies until everything was finished.

"I knew we could do it!" I cheered and stumbled a bit as I got off the piano bench but strong arms caught me before I face planted.

The room is spinning. I can feel my face but not my legs and they give out just as those strong arms lift me and set me down on the couch.

"You almost fell!" Carlo laughs and I laugh back as we both sit next to each other. "We need another bottle of wine." He sings as he gets up.

"You know where it's at boy!" I yell at his back and I hear him chuckle.

"Oh damn!" I look to the glass coffee table and see four bottles of wine and empty bottle of scotch. "Maybe I should stop drinkenin..."

"Lightweight!" Carlo accuses and I grimace.

"Am not!" I yell back and down the rest of my glass and hand it to him.

Oh wow! I can't feel my legs. Just stay put!

"I've been meaning to tell ya sometin..." Carlo sighed as he scooted closer to me and brought my legs to his lap.

"Yay! Foot rub!" I laugh and clink glasses with him but his eyes look serious.