One Shot

"Holy shit!" Lola screeches at the top of her lungs as she opens my front door. "How the hell did this happen?" She fumes as she slams the door. "I understand the man is a fine piece of ass but even I know not to fuck with producers!" She scoffs the last part and goes straight to my tequila decanter and fills herself a snifter.

"I-I don't know." I shrug under her intimidating gaze and look down at my hands.

"Bullshit!" She huffs and takes a long sip with glaring eyes.

"I don't know what you want me to say." I sigh under her scrutiny.

"Say that you made a choice already!" She snapped and drank more, her eyes watering at the burn of the tequila. "That you know who you want to be with so that we can avoid scandal." She sits on the couch across from my chair and looks at me expectantly. "Well?" She snaps.

I honestly don't know what to say. If I know who it is, I would have made it known already! Hello! Is there some sort of timer? Why do I need to choose right now? Who the hell said I can't date both men and then choose?

"I don't understand why I have to make a choice." I bite out and my nose itches.

"Because you don't need scandal as an avenue to fame." She shrugged.

What the hell? She knows me better than that!

"What's that supposed to mean?" I glare at her and her gaze softens.

"That's not what I meant." She shook her head but even I know her bluntness is her tell.

Lola has no filter from brain to lips and it's honestly why I love her so much sometimes. Other times I just wish she remembered that aside from being my manager she was my friend and shouldn't mother me.

"What I meant was that's exactly what it would look like to the media." She was still angry but now calmer. "Everyone is quick to blame and throw the first stone." She nods taking another long sip.

Lola sits still in the larger chair that makes her body look three times tinier than her actual size. The snifter in her hand gave the full effect of a little girl dressed in a pencil skirt, white buttoned blouse and stilettos. I wish I can take a picture.

"Violeta!" She yells and I focus again.

What the hell is wrong with me?

"Yes?" I sigh standing and getting my bag to take my music book out.

I have so much work to do. I should focus on that.

"You haven't answered me yet." Lola follows me quickly on her six-inch heels.

"Why can't I date whoever the hell I want?" I snap and she stays still and then her eyes sparkle as she grins. "What?" I know that grin.

"You're absolutely right!" Her whole expression and posture change as she takes her seat again and continues to drink still smirking as she looks down at her feet. "Why should you have to choose right away?"

"You're going to spin this another way, aren't you?" I sigh.

Of course, she is.

"In this industry, you have to take advantage of the situation and this is the perfect one in this day and age!" She grins. "You're showing that any woman can see and date as many guys as she wants without caring what conservatives within the industry think!" She giggled and then drank more.

She was definitely buzzed.

"Your way of telling them all to fuck off!" She laughs loudly and I can't help but smile at her.