Options of The Timid

"Just call her already!" James throws a white oil smudged towel.

I'm not going to call Violeta... I'm not going to call Violeta... I'm not going to call Violeta...

"Stop doing that!" James loud voice echoed around his large garage.

I roll my eyes and take my phone out.

Just call to see how's she's doing since Jimmy's ordeal. Simple. To the point. Out of curtesy.

"You know you're talking out loud right?" James smirks as he gets a wrench from his toolbox and starts under the hood of his new project.

A matted carbon black, 1962 Mustang.

"I don't think it's a good idea." I say.

"The hell you don't!" James grunts standing straight from under the hood. "Text her."

"Thats not as polite or as intimate as a call."

"Just stop being a bitch!" James rolls his eyes and I throw the towel back at him. "Don't be scared of Jimmy!" He laughs.

"It's not like he's done something bad besides potentially putting her in danger." James shrugs and everything sinks in.

"If anything, " James continues as his hands work on the car. "You'd be saving her from a life-threatening incident alongside Jimmy because whoever has it in for him, " James smirks unamused. "They would have a good reason to do it."

"So, you're saying I would literally be saving her life by dating her?" I ask more to myself.

"You're no hero but, " He turns to me nodding at the wrench on the table beside me and I hand to him. "I'm sure you'll do what's best."

"Right!" I shrug.

"Or it's an excuse to get closer to a girl who obviously has no interest in you." He smirks and keeps working.

Either way, I would at least follow my instincts. I always know my instincts are right. Violeta, for example, definitely had a thing for me before, but that's all I know for sure. And where there was fire, coals remain.

"Now, go away!" James waves me away. "Let me know how the call went!" He yells as I get into my new McLaren 720S.

Right. Like I was going to tell him. As I rev up the car engine and back out into the large front court of the mansion, I'm feeling the feeling I always get when about to do something stupid.

A part of me says, why not? I could reignite what we had and maybe she will choose me over someone who clearly has a criminal past. Or else why would someone want to kill him? At least, I would possibly save her from heartache of losing someone close if they do end up killing him.

With this in mind, I only have one thing left to do. Make good with Violeta for the past and show her how much I have always cared for her. And subtly get it to Jimmy that Violeta will only be in harms way if she's with him.

Pressing the Bluetooth button, I scroll down to Violeta's number and press send.

Three rings.

"Hello?" He voice came through the speakers.

"Hello, Violeta."

"Who's this?"

Of course she doesn't know.

"It's me, Solano." I say over the roar of the car.

"How can I help you?" She asks politely.

Too politely.