Chapter One

*Flashback*

   "Ha! A hero without a quirk? That won't ever happen!" Bakugo laughed in between sentences, making sure I got his point.

   "Y-Yeah.. But that doesn't mean I can't try, right?" I replied, hopefulness lining my voice. I was on the verge of tears, considering I was never exactly the strongest at hiding my emotions.

   "Without a quirk, the best you could be was a janitor!" He burst out laughing.

"B-but... All-Might never gives up, so I won't either!" I replied proudly, stil trying to hide my other emotions.

"All-Might? Hah! I would beat him in a one-on-one fight! Just you watch, I'll beat him and become number one hero, and you'll be nothing, you side character." He smirked. He knew exactly what to say each time.

   I couldn't take it anymore. My feet moved on there own, making me run out of there to hide myself. He was right, though. How can you be a hero without a quirk? Answer, you can't.
              -----------------------------------
                      *Present day*

   "Mom! I-It came!" I shouted, running back into my room with the letter. My emotions were everywhere. Was I going to get in? I didn't score any points though.. I ripped open the letter, a small, round metal disk falling out of the envelope onto my desk.

   All-Might appeared on a screen projecting from the disk. He started talking about my points, then brought up a thing called "rescue points". I almost died when he said I got into U.A., the best school for young children wanting to become heroes.

   "Mom!! I... I did it! I got into U.A.!" All my worry was replaced with excitement and pure, true happiness. The tears refused to stop, their warmness greeting my cheeks. My mother rushed in and hugged me.

   "I'm so proud of you, Izuku!" Was all she could say. She was crying too, and I didn't blame her. Her quirkless, powerless son just got into the school of everyone's dreams. I can't let her down.

               -----------------------------------

   Hey guys! Author here! I've never written a fanfiction before, so let me know how I did! Also, I will be setting a schedule sometime soon, but for now it will be random updates. And because this was just a chapter about his past and him getting in, I will be updating today shortly.

   Anyways, bye for now! <3~