4️⃣

The "appointment" was basically at a smaller sized, but calming house. It was shut off away a little deeper in the town's wooded area and that somehow relaxed him. The inside was built exactly like a home, from what Melly could see. The only thing out of place was a room down the hall with a large wooden desk and leather rolling chair placed in the middle of it. It seemed to be a sort of office, but it didn't exactly feel like one.

The suffocating aroma of essential oils filled his nose and gave him a raging headache. And the constantly changing colors of LED lights didn't help. It was only when a middle-aged woman in a tight suit and slicked bun entered the room, did Melly feel as though he was actually going to get treated.

"Hello, Jamell," she spoke in a soothing voice. "How are we feeling today."

Melly slumped in his chair, now realizing that she wasn't going to help him. She would just diagnose him and prescribe him medicine that would make his mind go blank all day. Just like all the others.

"I said how are we feeling today?" Melly shrugged and began to fiddle with his fingers.

"I know what you're thinking. I'm just like all your other therapists. I'm gonna ask you obvious questions and write on a notepad, hm?" She paused to go in a drawer Melly couldn't see and returned back up with two coloring books and two baggies of crayons.

"See, I'm not them. I'm Dr. Jenkins and Dr. Jenkins different." She placed a cold hand under Melly's chin and gently forced his face to hers. "I can actually help you."

Melly could feel himself quivering from her physical contact and their eyes being locked together didn't help one bit.

Atlas, she pulled back and sat back in her chair. "Pick one of each," she softly commanded him. Melly quietly pulled the My Little Pony coloring book from beneath the Batman one then he chose the baggie that had various brightly colors. He looked up to her once he was finished to find her staring intensely at him. It looked as if she were silently analyzing him.

"You may color." Melly happily took the utensils and got to work. He could feel her eyes roaming across for the whole hour, but he didn't care. He felt content at the moment. More content than he'd felt in a while.

~~~

~~~~

~~~~~

Tyquian arrived just on time to take Melly home from his first session. He braced himself for the worst as he rapped his knuckles across the wooden door. Moments later, the door was swiftly swung open and he allowed himself in.

"He's been just absolutely wonderful, I tell you. He's been quiet and calm the whole time," Dr. Jenkins ranted on as she led Ty to her odd office. He grabbed her wrist before she could open the door and spun her around.

"There ain't no way-excuse my language-in hell he was just aBsOlUtElY wOnDeRfUl. He musta paid you foh yo ass tuh say dis, annit?" Ty cocked a brow as he waited in an answer.

"Course not," she said irritably with her arms folded over her chest.

"Den spit sumn' out cuh luh baby in dere ain't no angel."

"Well, I've came to the conclusion he actually is. He's really a baby at heart. A child, if you will."

"And how you figure dat?" Tyquian asked, peeking at peaceful Melly through the crack in the door.

"He chose a My Little Pony book over the Batman one and brightly colored crayons over dark ones. This could mean he's not as dark and angry and murderous as everyone makes him out to be. He has potential to change and be good."

Tyquian nodded to himself as he took as this in. A smile cracked across his lips and his heart melted as he could hear Melly humming a familiar tune.

"He could even be a little," she suggested quieter than everything else.

"What dat is?"

She giggled to herself before softly answering. "A child in an adult's body, to shorten it. It's quite cute, actually."

"So you sayin' dis baby ass nigga really a baby?"

She shrugged, mumbling, "Possibly."

Tyquian focused his attention back to the door to find Melly peering at them with a huge grin.

"C'mone, it's time to go home," he  lightly called. Melly shook his head, stopped midway and seemed to fall in a deep thought. He made these expressions that made Ty assume he could be arguing with someone.

"C-Can I s-stay?"

Dr. Jenkins chuckled. "I wish you could, but my niece'll be here soon so ya gots to go."

Upon hearing this, Melly frowned deeply. "C-Can I have th-this?"

She nodded and Melly's bright, beautiful smile returned. He exited her office, took Tyquian's hand, and began to drag him the front door.

"Th-thank you. B-bye."