1️⃣4️⃣

"H-he r-raped m-me?" Melly asked, his voice blank and void of emotion.

Tyquian gulped. Never had he ever heard anyone so cold and heartless sounding.

"He was associated with it," Tyquian whispered.

Melly pushed himself closer to Tyquian who squeezed him tighter. "Wh-why'd y-you le-let h-him hur-hurt me?"

Tyquian's heart quenched and his stomach churned as more tears flowed down his face like ever-flowing streams.

"I'm sorry, Jamell. I'm so, so sorry."

He didn't do it.

"Melvin?"

Kentrell is innocent. He didn't do it.

"H-How-"

There gotta be some kinda set-up asumn. Ion think he did it.

"Are you talking to him?" Tyquian interrupted with a frown.

"W-what?"

"Melvin. Are you talking to him?"

Melly didn't get a chance as the doorbell rang. He fell from around Tyquian's waist as Tyquian walked over to the front door.

"Is Mr. Demons here?" An older man asked. Melly, upon hearing this, jumped for the door.

"Wh-what bus-iness do y-you have w-with him?"

"Well, I guess you'll do." The man directed his attention to Melly and cleared his throat.

"Your mortgage hasn't been paid in months, neither has your bills, and on top of that, it is you, I believe, who is supposed to he living elsewhere."

"Wha-what?"

"Basically, you've been illegally living here and your house is to be sold off to someone by the name of Kentrell Gaulden."

"K-Kentrell?"

"Yes, your fiancé?"

"Fi-fi-"

"Nai, who da fuck- He ain't no damn fiancé!" Tyquian slammed the door shut and pulled his phone out.

"Mrs. Demons? There's a nigga atcho doo sayin' Jamell engaged- What?" He shoved the phone into Melly's hands and huffed.

"We should've told you this before," she sighed. "P-please, please don't be mad." She took a deep breath before continuing. "Your dad is in debt to someone. Someone by the name Derek Gaulden. You're to marry his son, Kentrell Gaulden to keep us from the poor house."

Melly's blood ran cold and his heart slowed as he took in this. The phone dropped from his hand as his legs gave in to his body's weakness and he collapsed onto the floor.

~~~
~~~~
~~~~~

"Melly?" Tyquian gently shook him awake.

"Youn gotta get dresses or nun, but they need us at the station again. Do you wanna eat 'fore we go or-"

"I wanna go," he said in the same monotone he'd been speaking every since he'd found out what Kentrell had been apart of.

~~~
~~~~
~~~~~

"We've came across something else," the nameless man began. He laid out more pages of texts, only these were sent to Kentrell, throwing all evidence off him.

busy, rusty, crusty ex 🤮:

told yo ass to stay away from MY nigga . but look atchu nai, got him in jail.. I'm comin fuh you next.