Chapter 2: Adventure In The Great Wide Somewhere

When Marc got home to a small cottage on the hill, he was greeted by a gentle smile from his sister, Marinette. Ever since they lost their parents, Marinette had entitled herself in Marc's care as well as her work as a fashion designer. At the time, she was busy packing clothes from her latest collection to take and present in a town far away. 

"Welcome back," she smiled at her brother. "Enjoyed the trip to the village?"

"Yes," Marc turned to his sister. "Only I wished for something interesting to happen. You know, more than my dull everyday routine." 

"Be careful of what you wish for," Marinette warned, joking. 

Then she continues to pack her clothes. With Marc's help, she was able to finish packing and had loaded everything on her horse, Tikki. She hugged Marc one final time and told him to be careful before taking off. Marc waved her goodbye and went inside to read his book. A while passed and there was a knock on the door. 

Out of curiosity, Marc answered the door and... sighed when he saw it was Chloe Bourgeois. As the daughter of the village's mayor and leader, Chole was known as the most beautiful and talented woman. While she was wooed and courted by many other men in the village, she wanted only Marc, the fairest boy of the village. (A/N: I know this title goes to Adrien Agreste, but for this story, Marc seems more fitting) 

"Hello," The blonde-haired girl said in a flirty manner. " Anciel, today is your lucky day." 

Marc would probably be friends with Chloe if she would stop coming after him. For as long as he can remember, she had tried to flirt with him and even told the entire town that he will be her husband. But he was too nice to tell her to go away. 

"The day when all your dreams come true," Chloe continued. 

"What do you know about my dreams?" Marc questioned, picking up his book.

But before he can read a single page, Chloe snatched the book from his hands. She flipped through it only to find that there no pictures, just words.

"What is this?" She asked. "How do you understand it without pictures?"

"By using your imagination of course," Marc replied, taking his book back. "Maybe you should try it sometime."

Chloe scoffed but then smiled at him seductively, "You know what today is, the day you become my boyfriend."

Marc was about to protest but the girl would not let him. "And after 3 months, we can get married. Yes, we will have a black, white and yellow themed wedding. I will wear a gorgeous wedding dress made by the most famous designers, and you have to wear something more than those rags. And our cake will be..."

Marc was irritated as his clothes were made by Marinette, that was when he had enough. Marc finally stopped listening and pushed her to the door as Chloe absentmindedly went on. Then he opened the door and pushed her outside before swiftly shutting the door.

"Then after the wedding, you will get a well-paid job so you can get me whatever I want..." Chloe paused when she realized where she was.

At first, she was slightly confused but then her anger grew and she shouted through the door. "Marc, my daddy will hear about this!"

Her red-headed, glasses-wearing best friend, Sabrina, was waiting for Chloe. When she saw what had happened, Sabrina ran towards her and accompanied her back to the village as she ranted about Marc. As soon as they left, Marc came out of his cottage. He could not believe what just happened, if he were to date or worse marry that insincere woman, his dream will be gone and he will have to succumb the stereotyped life of men in the village. And he did not want to even think of it.

The red-clothed boy ran out into the field and he laid on the green grass as he imagined the life he dreamed of. His written stories to be well-known and him to be a free and happy man. His thoughts were interrupted by a horse.

Marc looked up and realized it wasn't just any horse, it was Tikki! He quickly got up and approached the creature, knowing something was wrong.

"Tikki," Marc spoke gently but couldn't hide his worry. "What happened? Where's Marinette?"

It hit him that something must've happened to his sister.

"Take me to her!" He said, getting on Tikki.

She galloped him to where she left Marinette, someplace that will change his whole life.