10. Love you so hard

"What time are you coming back?" you yawned from your smuggled seat on Chris's white plush couch. He'd left before you even woke up the morning, had to be at the studio to wrap up the Christmas EP he and the band had been working on.  

You were buried beneath a fluffy blanket, body swarmed in Chris's sweater, that you always teased him about, and a pair of sweatpants. 

 The Grinch was playing on the TV, the story line long forgotten when Chris's name lights up your screen for a FaceTime call. You answered immediately, despite it being almost 10 pm and you having an early shift tomorrow morning.

"We're packing up now, honey. Thought you'd be asleep," he rasped, voice a little sore from the cold Canadian air as he raised a brow, causing you to smile sheepishly at him. 

"Couldn't sleep. Haven't seen you all day," you shrugged, shimmying further into the sofa and Chris cooed at the sight of you; no makeup and damp, braided hair. 

  His grin grew across the small expanse of your screen, pearly whites staring back at you and you could feel heat rise to your cheeks, so you buried your face into your blanket.

 "Awe, are you kissing me, baby?" he teased softly, the little glint in his eyes enough to tell you that he felt the same, and just wanted to finally go home after 16 hours at the studio.

You hummed with a soft smile and slowly nodded your head. "Today was my day off and I didn't get to see you at all," you pouted playfully, though he knew you were a little upset with the fact. 

 He sighed and nodded. "I know, Hun, I'm sorry. I'm leaving now, though. I'll see you when I get home, if you're still awake, okay?" his voice was gentle, as if he was trying to lull you into a peaceful slumber.

You yawned out a muffled 'okay' and nodded your head, back of your hand covering your mouth and Chris smiles tiredly. 

 "You look super cozy, by the way," he whispered, the apples of his cheeks tinted with a rosy hue and you smiled. 'I am, I'm wearing your sweater and watching The Grinch, you replied through another yawn.

"Be safe on your way home," you remind him, eyes falling heavier and heavier with every blink as you fought away the consuming sleep. 

 Chris nodded and kissed his fingers, pressing them to the screen and you did the same. "Always, love you, baby," he bidded goodbye, waving a grabby goodbye and you told him you loved him too before hanging up.

While you got comfy again on the couch and tried to keep your eyed open, Chris was itching to get home to you. He sat in the back of the SUV with Cez and Teddy either side of him, all three eager to go back to their loved ones. 

 "Can't wait to get home and see Emily," Teddy sighed out happily, painted fingernails scratching at her knees before the pads of her fingers tapped the skin softly.

 Cez hummed from beside Chris. "Same, the missus put the kids to bed already so we're finally gonna have some time together," he wiggles his brows, to which Chris scoffed at playfully.

"Well I'm going home to my overly tired, overworked girlfriend," he sighed, a little smile on his lips at the thought of you probably falling asleep on the couch while you waited for him. 

 Teddy smiled at her friend as Cez patted his arm. "Today was her day off, right?" she asked, hoping to make the thirty-minute drive a little more bearable.

Chris nodded his head. "Yeah, only day off in like two weeks. She spent the day wrapping Christmas presents and taking my mom for manicures or something," he hummed.