6. The Seven Found

"Both of you seriously need to lighten up, we're at a castle with a bunch of magical animals, why all the glum faces?"

Uh, Talona's worried about her parents who aren't even her real parents, and the mean-looking one is still sad about her dead horse. Hey, didn't you just get a brand new, flying horse? Why you still sad? Trust me, old pal Pegasus can run faster than that mare of yours ever could.

       Ylva, who had indeed been standing next to Pegasus with an unmoving scowl on her face, turned to Talona.

       "Hey, you want to tell your rabbit to shut up, or should I quiet him down by force?" She said.

"Conejo, cut it out. You're being insensitive...Again." Talona wasn't sure if the jackalope had developed a liking to the Euran girl, or if he just wanted to annoy her to death. Either way, she went over and picked up the hare, sitting down next to Kolin on a bench.

       The three had been lead by Emmett the greencloak back to Greenhaven island off the coast of Amaya. Like Kolin said, the place was beautiful, green trees growing along pathways of stone, the castle standing tall and majestic. They were by the shore of the island, where they had a perfect view of the shimmering ocean.

        And yet, all Talona could think was whether or not she made the right choice, coming here with Emmett. She worried about her family, and if Emmett was right, some sort of danger had been searching for Talona in Amaya. If they didn't find her there, would they go after her family, or the other Amayan's instead?

       Kolin had been good company, keeping the atmosphere high on their way from Eura to Greenhaven. He talked excitedly about leaving Stetriol for the first time, and what he imagined the island to be like. The bear, Andru, turned out to be quite friendly too, for such a ferocious predator.

       Then, there was Ylva. The first thing she had done upon meeting the others was try to shoot them all, so not exactly the greatest first impression. From what Talona could make out from the few words she said, her mare, Asphodel had been killed by whoever was attacking them.

       Talona remembered walking through the Euran woods with Kolin and Emmett after seeing the flash of light that gave away Ylva's location. They followed the direction of the flash, and ended up walking down trails of dead bodies, each dressed in dark clothing and dark masks, with arrows piercing through them, or fatal wounds that made Talona feel sick.

       Then, they found out that Ylva and her wolf did all that, and right afterward, Emmett threw Talona onto a boat with a mass murderer. Great start to their journey.

        "So... When do you think these other four kids are showing up?" Kolin said, once again breaking the awkward silence for everyone. "Seven Beasts of Legend right? So there's us three, and another four. Where are they?"

Well, if you hadn't been so busy gawking over colorful trees and rocks, you'd have remembered when the guy with the stupid hat told us another greencloak is bringing the others. They should be here any minute, I'll let you know when their thoughts come within range.

       "Yeah, about that," Kolin said, "Can you like, just dig through people's heads whenever you want? Like, just randomly decide to pluck out people's thoughts?"

Well, yeah, Conejo said. I'm a nice bunny though, so I'd never purposely dig through someone's memories or their thoughts.

"Um, yes Conejo, you would," Talona said, "You definitely would do that."

See, you already know me so well! Ooh, I hear brand new thoughts! There's this guy who's wearing Zhongese armor, does he know how ridiculous he looks? Oh, that's my buddy Ikaito! I forgot how much I love that overgrown puppy, and there's his summoner......