Part 12

AFTER the incident that almost took her life at the swimming pool and touching confession from her husband, Nadine couldn't deny that James treated her better than before. Neither phone calls nor having the peace time together previously, but now it gradually changed as James became more gentle and protective toward her although he was a bit cold and cautious sometimes. Nadine didn't blame him for not trusting her because the painful past and scars in his heart changed him into this way.

About Alana, James had cut their friendships although she totally disagreed with his hasty decision. At that night, Alana left the villa in anger and frustration, and Nadine felt sorry Ivan for ruining his birthday party. At the same time, that accident made she realized that there was still some space for her in James's heart although she didn't know whether he still loved her or not. Nadine was so into her own world as she sat alone in living room and didn't realize that Mrs.Tania watched over her from one corner.

Lately, she could notice the changes in their relationships which to Mrs.Tania, it was absolutely a good progression. Sometime she saw James made phone calls to Nadine and informed her about his schedule. Previously, James indirectly used Mrs.Tania as a third person but now, everything would be informed directly to his wife. Nadine snapped out from her trance when Mrs.Tania sat next to her, making she blushed in shame when her mother-in-law caught her having a day dream.

"What are you thinking about? You look happy lately," her question made Nadine's smile turned wide, and she was obviously happy right now. The accident that she faced in the villa was kept as secret as she requested James to do so, for she didn't want this case became serious if they knew about it.

"Nothing, Mom. I just feel happy," she replied shortly as she squeezed Mrs.Tania's hands. Nadine felt relieve because James had opened his heart slowly after they got married for two months. It didn't take much time as she thought but to heal his wound, it completely wasn't an easy task because James still needed a time to trust her again.

"Nadine, have you told your mother about your marriage?" Nadine shook her head, but she planned to tell her mother about it when she visited her later.

"Mom, don't worry. I plan tell her when I visit her in Cebu,"

"That is good. I hope you can take care this matter as soon as possible because your Dad and I had decided to announce your marriage to public," Nadine was taken aback by her statement? Tell the public that James Reid, the heir of Reid Company, had officially married to Nadine Lustre, the worker of YexLe Company? Tita My might get heart attack if she knew this news from the media, that her daughter married with her ex-boyfriend without discussing with her first.

"What? Announcing our marriage?" she stammered in surprise.

"Yes, that's what we have planned. The public should recognize you as James's wife. We also feel bothered if you continue hiding your marriage because many of your Dad's friends want to introduce their daughters to James. It is really sad when we can't say that James already have a beautiful wife," Mrs.Tania sighed heavily. It would be so exciting if she could show off Nadine to her friends, but she didn't know when she able to do so.

"But Mom...does James know about this?" she asked in curious, for she doubted if James had agreed with Mrs.Tania's plan or it was the decision made from one party only. Her prediction that James had no idea at all about this was right when Mrs.Tania shook her head with big grin on her face.

"Mom, this won't work. You can't do that without James's permission. He absolutely will get angry if he find out about this," Nadine sighed heavily with eyes still on her face.