Part 15

AFTER revealing the truth about five years ago, Tita My cried out her heart after found out that Nadine had sacrificed her love for James just to save her. She didn't blame her daughter for deceiving her, but she felt extremely sorry for Nadine. In these years, she bore the pain alone! Tita My rubbed her back as she tried to soothe Nadine who was sobbing inside her embrace. Nadine had suffered enough, so did James. They were victims of Mrs.Bea's game, and she insisted to separate them although she knew well how deep their loves were?

"How could you endure all the pain alone through these years? Why you didn't tell me about that?" Tita My cupped her face and wiped the tears on her damped cheeks.

"I'm sorry because I deceived you about this. I don't want you feel sorry toward me and blame yourself for what had happened if you find out the truth. I don't want you to have any of those feelings, Mom," hugging her tightly, Nadine continued to shed her tears. The main reason she hid this matter from everyone was protect James from getting hurt again. He would be hurt if he knew that his beloved grandmother was the one who forced her to leave him. In these five years, Nadine was haunted by the feeling of guilt toward him, and only her diary was the medium for her to express the pain and sadness inside her.

"How could I not feel sorry when you live in misery because of me? You lose him because of me. You sacrificed your love because of me, and how could I not feel so?" Nadine loosened the hug and looked at her old face with wet eyes.

"No, Mom! It wasn't your fault at all. It was entirely my fault because I hurt him. I hurt him, Mom,"

"Nadine, you should explain everything to him. He deserves to know your reason, and he maybe can forgive you. You didn't purposely leave him, but you were forced to do so," Tita My squeezed her cold hands firmly as she tried to convince her daughter right now. Nadine sobbed and shook her head weakly. James wouldn't forgive her! He had read her diary, but the response he gave really made she lost hope for his forgiveness. All she could see on his face just now were anger and frustration.

"I think he had found out everything, Mom," she replied faintly with fingers brushed away the tears on her cheeks. Right now, after James left this house, Nadine had no idea where he was, for his phone had been turned off. He must really mad at her and thought she deceived him in these years. If James didn't visit her house and accidentally read her diary, none of them would know that she also suffered as much as James.

************

Mr.Malcom leaned his body against the couch as sigh escaped from his throat after listening the whole story from Mr.Cruz. He who was sitting at the opposite side was dropping his head as he embarrassed to meet their eyes. The sin he had committed by helping Mrs.Bea to separate two people that were madly in love had been paid by his son's life.

"Because I helped Mrs.Bea to make Nadine left James, I received the punishment from God. My only son had left me forever," there was regret inside his voice. Although Mr.Malcom knew that Mrs.Bea didn't approve Nadine, but he never expected that she would treat Nadine such way. The thing that he disappointed the most was Mrs.Bea lied to all of them, especially James. Nadine didn't ask for money liked she had told them, but Mrs.Bea pressured her until she was forced to leave James in the end. Mrs.Tania knew that Nadine wasn't type of person who were after money, and she respected this poor girl when she willing to sacrifice everything for her mother.

"She suffered as much as James," she wiped away the tears before exchanged the glance with her husband. Nadine loved her son, but Mrs.Bea had humiliated her sincerity and ended up hurting both of them. Everything had been revealed and now he knew the reason he couldn't trace Nadine in these five years. Mrs.Bea had planned everything in detail, and she bribed the university authorization to hid Nadine's data as one of its student. That was why he almost couldn't believe that she graduated from Tokyo University. No wonder his late mother desperately wanted to meet Nadine before she died, for she had committed big sin toward this poor woman.