Chapter 2

He was still holding me in his arms while we stared at each other for what felt like an eternity. His breath smelled like beer and popcorn, I couldn't get enough of it. I completely forgot we were surrounded by the others, I opened my mouth to say something but was interrupted by Deaky. "Liv, I see you met our drummer, Rog" Deaky said with a cheeky smile. I let myself out of Rogers arms, I could feel my face turning red. Roger nervously stuck his hand out for me to shake, as if his hands weren't cupping my ass 10 seconds ago. "Roger Taylor, I'm the drummer and one of the singers of Queen. Pleasure to meet you Liv" Roger said to me. His accent was so smooth, even with him slurring some of his words. "Olivia. Deaky wont let anyone else call me Liv." I said while shaking his hand. Deaky laughed and walked back to Freddie to get a drink. "Let's get a drink and I'll introduce you to the band" Roger took my hand and led me to the others.

Roger poured us both glasses of champagne. He introduced me to Freddie and Brian. We all sat around drinking talking about school, our jobs, and whatever else came up. Freddie and Roger lived together, they also ran a stall together. It was obvious they were not only best friends but soulmates. Brian lived with his twin brother, Gwilym. I knew Gwilym from Ben and Joe, the three of them usually traveled together. He was shy and kept to himself. I talked about school and my flatmate, Lucy. Deaky went on to tell the crowd we knew each other since diapers. I wasn't interested in talking. I was completely invested is Roger. The way his lips moved when he talked, he stuck his tongue out a bit at the end of his sentences, how he kept glancing at me and slowing moving his hand to my thigh. It's because were drunk, I kept thinking to myself. Guys as fit and talented as Roger don't date girls like me. And I'm not the one night stand type, but for Roger, I might be. I checked the clock, 4:45 a.m, three bottles of champagne were long gone. "If we stick around much longer, we'll be here when the bar opens" I casually said hoping they'd catch on that it was time to leave. The owner didn't mind anyone sticking around, as long as we paid for what we drank and cleaned up. I'm still a little drunk, enough to have the confidence to approach him. But sober enough to be of sound mind.

"Gwilym worries if I don't come home, I'll see you all soon. Thanks for hosting us Olivia, pleasure to meet Deakys best mate" he said while standing up and gathering his things. Ben, Joe, Deaky and got following him. All saying their goodbyes, followed by waves and kisses.

Roger, Freddie, and I started to make our moves to head out when Freddie said, "Olivia, Roger and I do our best writing after a long drunken night like this. You must come back to the flat, come watch the magic and give us inspiration". I didn't have much time to think before Freddie was pulling me out the door with them. "What the hell, I'm in" I shouted. There flat was a short walk from the pub. Freddie was making up songs and Roger was giving him a beat. Roger started writing song lyrics on scraps of paper from his pockets. By the time we got to their flat, they'd had written half a song.

We made our way inside and Freddie immediately went to the piano with Rogers scraps of paper. You can tell that's where he belonged. Roger came out from his room, asking me if I liked a pair a sweatpants. I followed him to his room and changed into a loose pair of black pants. My jeans smelled like liquor and I had been in them all day. "Sit on the bed, I'll make us some tea" Roger said on his way out the bedroom. His room was just as interesting as he was. It was colorful but also very dark. He had band posters, lyrics to his favorite songs, and pictures of him with groups of people on his wall. Most of clothes weren't in his wardrobe. Colorful and glittery clothes spread out on the floor. Roger returned with two cuppas. He put them on the bedside table and jumped on the bed.

"If we go back out there, Fred will break out more champagne. I'm done drinking for the night" Roger explained.

"A rock star who can't party all night? That's new!" I said with attitude while sipping my cuppa.

"I'm a uni student first and a rock star second. Besides I wanna to talk to you alone, get to know you" Roger said.

"Well, what do you want to know?" I asked.

We talked about our families, and found out we both had a bit of a rough upbringing. He was in uni to become a dentist and I was doing art, which is why our paths never crossed at uni. Our likes, dislikes, his dream of being a rock star and writing powerful songs, and my dreams of spending my life painting beautiful pictures. When we started talking we were sitting up across from each, we moved next to each other, and ended up with me laying on chest while we talked about everything and anything. Our talking slowed down and soon it was just us breathing, holding hands and gently rubbing our fingers across each other until we both knocked out. Not at all how i thought my first night with Roger Taylor would go.