✰ Chapter 5 ✰

Word Count: 1535

Started: June 26

Ended: June 30

[edited]

....................................................

Reader's POV

Following Oikawa, we walk for a while through the halls. "Where are we even going?" I ask.

"To get your club form. You need it to join the team." He replies. We get the form and I fill it out, which took several minutes just to write lots of boring information that I partially made up. Oikawa walks with me to turn the sheet into the office and after he says, "you're officially a member!" he exclaims.

I laugh and say, "Yup."

While we walk to the gym "So Hattori, how long have you played volleyball?"

"About 8 years," I reply instantly, but after I question whether I should have changed it.

"Oh, same. "

"So when does practice start?" I wonder.

"After classes, but we have some time. Usually, we start around 20 minutes after because we set up the nets, change, and stuff." He explains and I nod taking in the information. "So our gym is this way," he says leading me. "We use a different one since the girl's team uses the other one."

I'm actually kinda excited to be on the team but I try to act cool and boy-like so I say, "Okay, sounds cool bro." I cringe at myself afterward.

"Oikawa looks confused for a second then says, "well the locker room is this door.

Oh crap, I need an excuse. Ummm, "I forgot my water bottle in the other gym, so I'll be back." I lie and quickly begin to walk away.

"Oh okay, be back in 5. Members who are late do laps!" He yells down the hall. As soon as I hear that I'm practically running because I hate cardio. 

I quickly run to the closest bathroom and change in a stall. It is still weird going into the boy's bathroom. When I exited, a few guys gave me odd looks, but I reverted my gaze to the floor. When I arrived at the gym the guys were pretty much all there and stretching.

"Ah the newbie has arrived!" Kindaichi exclaims loud enough that his voice fills the gym.

"Uhh, hello I'm Kiyo Hattori." I bow slightly. Everyone else laughs.

One guy said, "Dude this is a sports club no need for formalities." I nod, god I'm so awkward. I've already met them, this should be more normal. Get it together, I mentally scold myself.

I put my mediocre acting skills to use and pull it together, "Ahh sorry." I say simply. "I know some people get offended by informal things." I brush it off as smoothly.

"Nah we are chill," Iwa says confidently as he looks around at the team. "Except for maybe Oikawa. Being captain makes his act all crazy." He kids, and Oikawa pretends to be offended.

"You always got something to say don't you, Iwazumi," Oikawa complains and frowning at him like a kid who didn't get his way. I laugh at their bickering.

"So what position do you play? I guess setter since in gym class you played that position." Kindaichi says.

"Yeah, I play setter but I'm often put wherever is needed." I say trying to be humble about it.

The group "ooo's" and "ahhh's." "Hmm, so the newbie claims to be multi-talented." Iwaizumi says. "Maybe Oikawa will have a run for his money."

Everyone laughs at his joke and I speak up, "Don't worry he'll be dethroned soon." I smirk. The team seems surprised by my sudden cockiness.