✰ Chapter 4 ✰

Word Count:2614

Started: June 12

Ended: June 12

[edited]

.............................................................................

Reader's POV

"We should start by looking in your closet," Kageyama says while walking towards my room. For the past 20 minutes, we've been trying to put my hair up to mimic a boy's. Tying my hair and wearing a hat over it was an option, but that would look weird when playing during games and at practice. In the end, it is decided that it would be easier to wear a wig. "This is going to be easy, you already dress like a boy." He says while holding up a few clothes from my closet.

I continue to toss a few of my clothes into a separate pile. I split my closet between the clothes I can wear as a boy and a girl. I also managed to get a boy's uniform, thanks to Kageyama. "Thank you for helping me with this, this might be the weirdest thing I've asked of you."

He laughs it off, "No, I don't think this is the weirdest thing you've done. I'm glad that you are really passionate about volleyball to crossdress." He looks at the time, "It's already 5 pm, I should get going."

"Oh shit, I should probably get ready too," Kageyama gives me a confused look, "I'm supposed to meet up with Yuuto, someone from school." I explain to him.

"So like a date?"

"No, no. Not a date. Why does everyone think that?" I frantically say. "Anyway, have a safe trip back, I'll see you another time." We exchanged our goodbyes as he leaves. I quickly get ready and head out the door.

As I walk towards the restaurant, I take notice of some shops that I should stop by later. In the distance, Yuuto is already waiting outside the restaurant for me. "Sorry I had to make you wait, were you here long?"

"No, not at all. I just got here a few minutes ago." He says. We go into the restaurant and took our seats. Looking around, it was decently crowded. It wasn't a fancy place or anything, good thing I decided to not dress up as much. Just sticking to casual clothes was good enough. "This is one of my favorite places to eat at, the food is really good." Yuuto says while opening his menu.

I do the same, "I've never been here before, well I haven't been anywhere here actually."

"Yeah, what school did you go to?" He curiously asks.

"Karasuno, it's not that far from here."

He perks up, "Really? Some of my friends go there. I heard it was a good school."

"It is. I really liked it there, but I'm starting to really like this place too." We continue to talk until the waiter came and took our orders. As I hand the waiter my menu, my attention drifts to a familiar person standing a few tables away from us. His gaze turns towards my direction and he catches me looking at him. Oikawa grins and childish wave then proceeds to sit at a table with, who I assumed, are his fangirls.

Yuuto also catches me staring and turns his attention to what I was looking at too, "(Y/N), do you like him?"

I quickly turn to him, "What? No of course not."

He then gets nervous, "Sorry, I was just wondering because when we met in the hall, there was like some awkward tension and I just thought that there might be something."

"No no. There's nothing. I just know him because we used to go to the same middle school, even then, we weren't really friends. More like," I think for a moment, "Like people who know each other but don't talk." As I finish explaining, he looks more relieved. I quietly laugh and he joins in.