Part 14

Cyrus' POV

TJ comes back down the stairs and walks over to join me on his living room couch. I didn't think he could get any cuter, but his glasses prove me wrong. When he sits down on the cushion, he puts his arm out to close it around me as I snuggle up with him, laying my head on his chest. He reaches for the television remote from the armrest and presses play to start the first Hobbit movie. 

"I didn't know you wore glasses," I say. 

"I usually wear contacts," he explains. 

"I like them."

"Yeah?"

"You look softer with glasses on," I tell him.

He smiles and holds his hand out. I lock my fingers through his and bring both our hands to lay across my waist while we turn our attention to the movie playing. Although I do care about the show, I can't help but keep looking back to TJ and his glasses. Eventually, my boyfriend notices me staring at him, and he turns his eyes to me.

"You should pay attention to the movie. Otherwise, I'm gonna make you watch it again," he warns. 

"I'm okay with that," I respond.

I raise my lips to his, and he accepts my kiss, bringing his free hand up to touch my cheek. Right now, I'm kind of looking forward to having to watch this movie again if I'll be able to do this with him again. Maybe he'll even make us watch it a third time. 

All of a sudden, The front door flies open, and I break away from TJ, both of us turning to see who just entered. Thankfully, it's not his parents, whom he said would be out until much later. It's his brother, along with a red-haired girl holding grocery bags. 

"Don't stop on my account," Zach says with a laugh while he takes off his jacket. 

"Zach, what are you doing here?" TJ interrogates. 

"Just thought I'd stop by and ruin your moment," he jokes. "I assume this is your boyfriend."

I give him a shy wave. "Hi." Then I look to TJ, saying, "There goes making a good first impression."

"Hey, me walking in on you sucking my brother's face isn't the worst way we could meet," Zach reasons. 

"I suppose," I say. 

I give TJ an embarrassed glance, but he just smiles and leans in to place a kiss my forehead before looking back to his brother. The woman beside Zach gives him a nudge with her elbow, and he understands what she's requesting. 

"Oh, Madison, this is TJ's boyfriend, Cyrus," Zach explains. 

I can't help but smile at the word "boyfriend." It feels so right to hear. 

"Madison is Zach's fiancée," TJ clarifies. 

"It's nice to meet you," Madison says. Then she steps ahead, glancing back to tell Zach, "I'm gonna set these in the kitchen."

Zach nods, and the girl heads off to the room at the back. 

"We're planning to make supper tonight," Zach explains. 

"Cool," TJ responds. 

"Cyrus, are you going to stay?" Zach asks.

"Uh, probably not for dinner," I answer. 

"Well, consider it," Zach says. "I think we have enough food for you. Also, do you know where Amber is? Her car is gone. Is she hanging out with Heart again?"