Part 15

Cyrus' POV

I creep open the door to TJ's bedroom and see him sitting on a pile of pillows on the floor. Around him, dozens of crumpled up papers spot the ground, all torn from the notebook in his hands. His eyes stay focused on the page as I walk over and join him on the floor. I look down at the words he's written on the page and realize that it's a very rough beginning of the speech he needs to stay in only a few hours. 

The unfinished speech is the only thing that keeps him from being fully prepared for the wedding. He's already wearing his tux, which I've seen once before, but it looks about a thousand times more attractive now. I've heard before that everything looks better on someone you love, but I never really understood how true that is until now. 

"You still haven't finished that?" I say. 

He shakes his head, still looking down at the notebook. 

"No," he replies. 

"Let me help," I offer. 

I take the notebook from his hands and bring it onto my lap. That's when he finally looks up and notices my new blue suit that Buffy and Andi said would make TJ not be able to take his eyes off me. 

"You look good," TJ compliments. 

"You as well," I return. 

Strangely, the suit seems to be doing exactly what my friends said it would. TJ stares at me while I turn my eyes down to the page, trying to come up with a good introduction to his speech. 

"Why don't you start by telling a story?" I suggest.

I give TJ a glance to listen to his answer, but I'm not even sure if he heard my question. He's too busy staring at me, a charming grin on his face. His eyes wander over my tux, eventually finding their way up to my eyes. 

"Are you going to help, or are you going to continue staring at me with that stupidly cute smile," I ask. 

TJ's eyes fall down to my lips as he says, "I'm going to do this."

He leans in and kisses me, clearing away my concentration on creating a speech, instead captivating me in the new task at hand. He always manages to pull me in like he's made a deal with gravity which has allowed him to take a bit of that force for himself. I simply can't resist it when his tongue grazes my lip, and I let him in to kiss me even deeper.

After wasting a little too much time, I manage to gain the self-control to pull away and stay away. 

"That's nice," I say, "but I doubt your family will want to see that in place of your speech."

TJ sighs. "Alright."

He steals the notebook back for himself and starts to think again about how he could begin his talk. Now that he's listening to me and focusing on writing his speech, I kind of regret telling him to do that. Pretty soon, I become the one staring, wishing for him to let me back in. 

"There's this one story about when I was little and Zach said . . ." TJ's voice trails off when he notices my eyes. 

"Maybe we can procrastinate this a little longer," I say. 

TJ grins then comes in to kiss me again, getting us right back to where we were. 

Suddenly, there's a quick knock on the door, and it opens up to reveal TJ's dad.

"Time to go," he says. 

TJ and I instantly split apart but unfortunately not soon enough to keep his dad from realizing that we were making out right before he entered. Why does his family always have to walk in at the worst possible times?