CHAPTER 33

While Mark was trying to find out what was going on inside Harold's, the gunman was losing his patience with the police.

"Get me a getaway van now otherwise there will be casualties" The gunman shouted down the phone causing the hostages to worry.

"There doesn't need to be any hostages just let them go and keep me" Elly replied.

"Shut up" he said angrily.

"Look the police are more likely to help you if you let everyone go" Elly replied as she slowly stood up.

"Elly just don't move" Chloe said quietly holding onto her hand.

"Why don't you let some people go? It'll be a lot easy to only keep a few of us hostage instead of all of us. I mean how are you planning to move all of us? We won't fit it in a van..." Elly explained.

"WILL YOU JUST SHUT UP" he shouted pointing the gun at Elly, as he moved closer.

"I am just trying to help you" Elly replied as she stood their shaking.

"I don't need your help".

"I think you do, you will never get out of here with all of us. Think about it".

"Fine... they can go you three can stay" he explained pointing at Chloe, Yashvi and Elly.

"Let them all go just keep me" Elly replied.

"No, Elly I won't let you do this! Take me I have less to lose" Chloe said interrupting Elly.

"Don't be silly Chloe, he can take me" Elly replied as she held tightly onto Chloe, she wasn't going to let any harm come to her.

"BOTH OF YOU STOP" he shouted as he fired the gun into the roof.

The noise of the gun going off scared everyone! Not only the people in Harold's but all those waiting outside.

"Not my girls" Dipi shouted as she tried to go under the police tape.

"Babe it's ok" Shane said as he held onto her tightly.

"What's happening?" Aaron shouted.

"As soon as we know anything we will let you know" one of the police sergeants said.

"Look, there are people coming out" Aaron replied pointing to the kids who were running for their lives.

Dipi was ecstatic that Kirsha was running towards her, she couldn't wait to wrap her arms around her tightly and never let her go.

"Where's Yashvi?" Dipi asked.

"Where's Chloe and Elly?" Aaron also asked.

"He's keeping the three of them hostage so that he has some sort of leverage against the police" Kirsha replied.

"Was anyone hurt from that gunshot?" Mark asked calmly.

"No he just shot up into the ceiling to keep everyone quiet" Kirsha replied.

"Ok, that's good" Mark said as his heart was beating out of his chest.

Back inside Elly, Chloe and Yashvi were all in the corner of the shop huddled up trying to stay safe. The gunman was back on the phone with the negotiator to try and come to an arrangement for the getaway vehicle.

"I'm running out of ideas" Elly whispered to Chloe.

"Just stay calm, we will be ok" Chloe replied as she squeezed Elly's hand tighter.

"Thank you" Elly said as she looked longingly into Chloe's eyes.

"Stop whispering you two, you are doing my head in. Just be quiet" he shouted.