CHAPTER 16

The moment between the two had been going on for a couple of minutes, they were both just sat there gazing into each other's eyes. Elly soon realised that this moment shouldn't be happening.

"Sorry, I should leave you to get changed. They'll be wondering where we've got to" Elly said as she quickly got off the bed.

"Yeah, um yeah" Chloe replied almost stuttering.

"Again I'm really sorry about mum!"

"Don't worry, I've come across worse in my life" Chloe joked.

If Elly knew what Liz had really done she would be fuming, she would go crazy at her.

Elly left the room so that she could get changed, Liz had been listening to their conversation from behind the door.

"Ever heard of privacy, jeez" Elly said as soon as she saw her mum lingering around outside Chloe's room.

"I just don't want you to mess up this wedding".

"What by having a private conversation with one of my bridesmaids? I'm sorry but just back off because none of this is your business" Elly replied getting angry again.

Susan could hear an argument going on, she decided to pop inside to make sure everything was ok.

"What's happened?" Susan asked as Elly stormed past her.

Susan knew that Liz would be behind all of this, she just had a way of getting on everyone's nerves and poking her nose in places it shouldn't be.

"What have you done?" Susan asked Liz.

"Just being a concerned mother" Liz replied.

"Concerned about what?"

"Just who Elly is spending time with, that's all".

"You mean Chloe?" Susan asked.

"Maybe. Look I just think she's a bad influence on my daughter".

"You are joking? Chloe has been there for Elly through everything with her job... and Elly has been there for Chloe with her illness. So just back off and let them live their lives" Susan replied getting quite angry.

"But I think there's more to it..." Liz started to say before Susan interrupted her.

"Just leave them be" Susan replies forcefully as she headed to make sure Elly was ok.

Liz wasn't going to let things lie, she decided to wait for Chloe to come out of her room so she could have a little word with her.

"Are you ok?" Susan asked as she sat down next to Elly on Marks bed.

"She's just always causing problems".

"I don't think she's the biggest fan of Chloe" Susan said.

"She's not and I have no idea why... because quite frankly it's none of her business".

"You don't think she's picked up on anything between you?"

"I doubt it, I'm not even sure what there is between us. Susan I've never been more confused in my life and it's beginning to drive me crazy" Elly replied.

"Don't worry you'll get it sorted I'm sure" Susan said giving Elly a reassuring look.

While Susan was checking up on Elly, Chloe has finally finished getting changed. She was ready to head back outside when Liz stopped her for a little word.

"Leave my daughter alone" Liz said quietly so that no one else would hear.

"I'm not doing anything wrong so just back off" Chloe replied. She had had enough of Liz and wasn't going to take anymore of her attitude.