Chasten Alone

Chasten had always been different than his two older brothers

Chasten had always been different than his two older brothers. They were big and strong, where he was just...not. They loved hunting and sports, while he was obsessed with Celine Dion and The Tony Awards.

After trying so many jobs, from Starbucks barista to nursing assistant, he finally found his passion in teaching children about the humanities. The things that made life worth living.

And he would do for them what Mrs. Bach had done for him. His classroom and auditorium would be a haven for the outcasts.

Being gay was something he had come to terms with many years ago. But after a couple of failed relationships he had stopped looking for love and focused on school.

Now that he had his career on track and was almost finished with his master's degree, he felt ready to settle down. He wanted a serious relationship with someone mature. He dreamt of having a nice house with a dog, maybe some kids of his own one day.

A new app had come out that was supposed to connect people via their Facebook profiles, making sure you had multiple things in common. That could work. How awesome to have a boyfriend who loved Game of Thrones as much as he did. And board games. He would have to be a nerd like him. Music was pretty important too.

Oh! And dogs. Must love dogs.

He opened up his Facebook app and searched for Hinge.

After installing it he was immediately given a few choices. He took a deep breath and opened the first one.