Two

Stephen POV

"Sorry for being late, Stephen," Bruce apologized, entering the infirmary.

"No problem." I was sitting in bed: my heart throbbing wild and I was sweating. 

Bruce, an omega was an assistant of Mr. Parker. I'm just acquainted with him because I often have to come here for my medicine. 

An alpha can take medicine to prevent himself from attracting or attacking an omega during his heat. Still, not every alpha thought they needed to take medicine, but in this school, it's not optional for anyone—it is an absolute rule followed by everyone: students and school staff. Everyone is equal inside of this school unlike the outside world of it where some people are treated like crap for their status of omega.   

"If I remembered it correctly, you did take medicine a few days ago, it works for a week."

"I don't know, it's the first time that I'm in need medicine after a few days."

"Mr. Parker told me where the Meds. So, don't worry," he said, unzipping his bag and yanking out a drawer key.

"So, What took you so long?" I asked, distracting myself from the misery I felt. 

"I missed my bus and then I have to wait for another one. And in the corridor, I bumped into someone—a newbie maybe," he explained, unbolting the drawer.

"How did you know that?" I asked him.

"What did you know?" We were interrupted by Thor.

"Hey,  Strange." Thor did upward nod as he stepped inside. 

"Hi."

Thor is an alpha, tall and with muscles, he is from a prestigious family who lives in Asgard City. I know him as we have a few classes together. The most important thing, he is Bruce's mate—a soulmate. 

"So, How did you know what?"
His gaze approached Bruce. 

"Telling him about a newbie.” Bruce looked at him then and said to me while handing me the medicine. "He was asking me about the class that is why I know."

I took the med and stayed for while for it to influence my body and alleviate my pain. 

After a while I was feeling better, I walked out of the infirmary into the empty corridors.

My steps paused in its track to see a guy standing and putting books in his locker. He was blended in a pair of blue jeans, a gray hood jacket, and he had the kind of headphones that had giant pads blocking sound out. He shut and stared at the closed locker. Leaning over it, his head and he closed his eyes. He stayed like this for a minute. Probably bothered by something. He didn't seem to notice his surroundings. Anxious to see his face, I stepped forward. He tugged back and blew it out a heavy breath, and then he noticed my presence and turned halfway my side. I was startled: he was pretty with his adorable but impassive amber eyes, which I held for seconds before he turned around and walked out of my sight.

What was that?

"Hey. What are you looking at?" I jumped in my skin as Natasha sneaked from behind.

"What the hell are you doing sneaking like that?"

I headed for the library, alongside with her. 

"What are you doing standing in the middle of the hallway?"

"Nothing," I shrugged. Not really want to tell her that I was ogling a guy.

"What happened to your class?" I asked as she attends that physical theory class.

"You are changing the subject, Strange. " she gave me a suspicious look. 
"Anyway, I will tell you— I met a newbie."

"What has he to do with it?" I asked curiously.

"Yeah. Yeah. I'm heading there," she said while waving her hand in the air impatiently.

"Wait a minute! how come you know that it is he?"

"Bruce told me that he bumped into some newbie earlier,"

"Oh."

We come down simultaneously from a few ladders. Passing by the field where the football practice was going on.

"So, I told him that nobody attends this class except me or sometimes the teacher as well doesn't care for it."

"He asked me, 'Why do I even come here?' I told him I like it here alone here and then he left the class."

I waited for her to finish,  even though I wasn't curious. 

"So, I decided not to bother taking that class, again."

“It doesn't make any sense.”

"it makes it to me, though." she gave me a crook smile.  "You know,  I should also chill like others instead of burying my nose in cliches novels most of the time."

She stopped. I followed her gaze. She is looking at Potts. She is the prez of our student counseling. And, since the first year, Natasha had a crush on her. But, never got the courage to confront her feelings to her.

"If you are going to keep her stare like that, later, someone going to get her," I said to her. In this matter, she is doing acting really shy despite being an alpha female.

"I'm familiar with it," she whispered woefully.  Yet enough audible I could hear. 

I sauntered across the library building. While she ran after me and then catching up with me.

I sat at a table and opened my wizard's book in the silent library with a sound of turning pages and the smell of old books. 

"I know, you were observing Tony." She said, sitting across from me. Eyes into her book again although saying she should chill.

I looked up at her,  finding her grinning at me. "So, his name is Tony?" I asked.  

"Nuh, it's Anthony, but he prefers Tony to Anthony."