Eight

Stephen POV

"How's he?" I asked Mr. Parker who was sitting in the chair. He called me to meet him in the infirmary room after the library work. I also wanted to see him. But after this morning, I don't think I can see him—what I was thinking  I would be able to resist his heat? If Wade hadn't come on time, I dunno myself what I had done to him.

"He is fine. I gave him a heavy dose of the medicine which made his body dizzy. So, He would sleep for the hours," he said, looking at the bed curtain where behind it Anthony was sleeping in the bed.

I wanted to see him but at the same time I was scared if I did something—bad to him again.

"Stephen."

I returned to reality. "Yes."

"Are you taking your medicines?" he asked.

"Yeah—I have been taking often those meds."

However, I wasn't able to resist his pheromones. It is the first time, I couldn't resist someone's heat.

"Often—" he confused and continued "How come you are taking that many medicines?"

"I don't know whenever meds effect ease off I take one."

"Since when you are started taking medicine often?"

"Around over a month," I answered.

There was a pause before he said, "You are taking meds, yet you couldn't resist Anthony's heat.  This only happens in two cases when alpha couldn't resist omega's heat: first; when alpha is not taking any suppressant. . ."

He trailed off and paused, looking at my dazed expression, as I realised and he carried on, ".  .  . Second; alpha has claimed mate. And the latter is the case for you, Strange.”

“Tony is my soulmate," I said. 

"Yes." He smiled. 

The only question comes into my mind After hearing it. Would he accept me as his mate? all he says that he hates alphas. 

"If an Omega would be in heat and his pheromones would stimulate his soulmate and the urge of touching him would be irresistible for his soulmate like today, whether you have taken medicine or not," he explained,  even though I know it from my biology class. 

Mr. Parker said with sympathy,

"Stephen,  I should tell you this—You know him,  he doesn't like alphas. From now on, you have to refrain yourself from being around him otherwise you know his heat would be frequent—it would be bad for him to take all this suppressant instead of taking his mate's help. It won't be good for either taking this much meds. So until he wants you to be his mate, you will have to keep your distance from him. I hope you get what I said."

"Do you think, He would accept me as his mate?" I asked.

Mr.  Parker smiled and said,

"Who can leave a mate like you, give him time. Everything will be alright,"
I felt at ease. I looked at the bed curtain.

"If you want to see him, go ahead."

I took steps hesitantly behind the curtains. He was paled, and sleeping peacefully.
Since the day I had seen him I was captivated completely—weirdly. when he started to work with me in the library, I thought he was just an arrogant rich brat who held futile deep hatred toward the alphas. I also dunno, why I attracted to him. Love to around him whenever I got the chance. when he was not noticing me I just keep staring at him. Gradually, I learned to know him—thanking me for helping him, even he claimed he hated alphas. I learned,  he was the Omega who would stand to help anyone, and make lies of hating alphas...but not every alpha. It was just a word into a corner of his heart that is not gonna wipe out unless he wants.
I come to know, my mind occupied only by him. And found myself smiling my own, often. Yes, I  love him. I want to cherish him all my life. But things turned out this way. I wonder if he would even look at me.

***

The next day I didn't find him in the library. Without asking, Wade told me that he is not gonna come as Mr. Parker had said that there is no need to continue his punishment. I was aware of it. However, hearing it I felt bad. I was just able to see him at lunchtime. He didn't look at my way. Whenever I try to approach him. He makes an excuse to escape from me. Did I really disgusted him or he scared of me? So, at last, I decided to not to approach him. It was a matter of time. I'm sure. Am I sure? —I'm pretty messed up.

***

"Hey, Stephen, who is your roommate?" Said Natasha who was standing beside me near the elevator.

It was the only senior year beach trip. The Beach is owned by the director of our school Nick fury. I was looking standing into the hotel lobby which was busting with all the students. There are two students in each room, and an Omega and an Alphas wouldn't be given a room together.

"Thor."

"Why is a tedious face, Strange? I'm pretty sure that this trip will be very memorable to everyone," she declared.

"Perhaps, you get your love," she said, chuckling.

"Who is your roommate, Nat?"

"And who could be, my one of the devil brother.....wanna exchange roommate?"

"No thanks. I'm better with Thor than that mischief Clint."

She made a fake gloomy, "well, that hurts"  I lift my stuff and proceed toward the elevator.

"See you on the beach, Stephen," she said.

"See you. "

My room was on the top floor. I put the key card into the door lock.

"It would be fun, come out of the room!!" I heard Bruce's voice from the next room of mine.

Who was dragging someone out of the room someone. I assumed and I saw Thor who come out of that room. Sure this guys is fast when it's come to enjoy anything.

"What's the meaning come to the beach and not enjoying anything!" he said, he didn't notice me as he was looking inside of the room. I was still standing outside of the room and holding the door knob. I saw Anthony, and Bruce was dragging him.

"Okay, I'm coming!" his tone was boring, his eyes met mine for a second before he could get of my sight. I opened the door and went into the room.